News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOUSEGIRL

Schools in our area require them. My kids still have to wear them every day.
Nobody requires mask here in Texas. The school distric in my area has over 50k students and staff and only have 6 cases of covid at the current time. We have 27 elementry schools, 10 middle schools, 5 high schools and 3 alternative schools. Our school distric spans over 105 miles. Parents have the choice to mask their children or not most do not. I have been to pick up my sisters daughter from school a few times (in 1st grade) and probably one in 15 children are wearing mask.

DisneyDreamer08

Nobody requires mask here in Texas. The school distric in my area has over 50k students and staff and only have 6 cases of covid at the current time. We have 27 elementry schools, 10 middle schools, 5 high schools and 3 alternative schools. Our school distric spans over 105 miles. Parents have the choice to mask their children or not most do not. I have been to pick up my sisters daughter from school a few times (in 1st grade) and probably one in 15 children are wearing mask.
We are in Massachusetts. All public schools currently have an indoor mask mandate. It expires in January and I honestly don’t know if it will be renewed. We live outside the city of Worcester. Worcester also currently has an indoor mask mandate. My youngest daughter does a weekly cheer class in Worcester and she is required to wear a mask in class. So sadly it’s still pretty normal for us.

Heelz2315

Until all the details with this new variant are sorted out I wouldn't count on anything changing (or perhaps getting worse) until then. If and I mean IF this new variant doesn't pose a huge issue we should hopefully be out of this by mid spring at the latest. There will be alot of immunity (from vaccination and delta infection) to really settle things down I would think and get things under control. Not to mention the new pills that will be out probably in early '22.

Lilofan

All healthcare facilities here require it, and some won't even let you in the building unless you have an appointment.
In my area, one needs to call from the main lobby in the medical building prior to entering the medical professional office door area, answering covid questions while on the phone.

bdearl41

In my area, one needs to call from the main lobby in the medical building prior to entering the medical professional office door area, answering covid questions while on the phone.
It’s fascinating to me how there are 10 different existences now in the same country. Some places it’s like Covid never happened with behavior but in others it’s no a lockdown but close. Very interesting. In the end it seems all places are having about the same broad 30000 foot view level of success in their battle so…

hopefully the Omicron variant is as mild as it appears and this will be the first step in it becoming a mild seasonal thing we deal with like a cold or flu.

I guess we will see in two weeks.

Ayla

Until all the details with this new variant are sorted out I wouldn't count on anything changing (or perhaps getting worse) until then. If and I mean IF this new variant doesn't pose a huge issue we should hopefully be out of this by mid spring at the latest. There will be alot of immunity (from vaccination and delta infection) to really settle things down I would think and get things under control. Not to mention the new pills that will be out probably in early '22.
The people who scream the loudest about the smallest mitigation effort are why this may never truly be over.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It might be similar here. My wife was at her OB appointment (which is in a medical office building attached to a hospital), and they wouldn't let me into the lobby to buy a Starbucks. I had to wait outside in my car.

bdearl41

The people who scream the loudest about the smallest mitigation effort are why this may never truly be over.
This has proven not to be the case elsewhere. What ends this is a risk tolerance of the population that matches the real world ability to live with Covid in the background. That’s the only thing that ends it

mitigating efforts have proven to do nothing to Eliminate Covid. Only delay it for other strategies (open hospitals, antibody treatments, vaccines, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom