News Walt Disney World recruiting a new Principal Fireworks Designer as a return of nighttime shows gets closer

ToTBellHop

This sounds like the overall fireworks designer for all wdw fireworks shows.
That doesn’t mean they are the show designer.

It’s like the audio designer... they don’t pick the music for the fireworks but they make sure the music that is picked sounds right throughout the park.
Exactly. HarmoniUs is designed but someone needs to execute the design nightly, as does every other show. And pyro changes over time, too.

Disstevefan1

This could be an opportunity for Disney. Until the world is back to normal, make the EPCOT fireworks a hard ticket event and really, actually limit the number of tickets sold. This would ensure no overcrowding and Disney can do what it does best... Make more money.

I would pay to see it once in safety.

And here’s a plus - when the world is back to normal, EPCOT brings back the fireworks show FOR FREE, folks will think they are getting some added value (for something that should always have been free 😀)

TTA94

Maybe this position needing to be filled is what Martin was referring to with the post of No fireworks for Oct 1st, Currently.
Currently meaning if they happen to hire someone with experience from another Disney park that could speed the process along lol.

jt04

This could be an opportunity for Disney. Until the world is back to normal, make the EPCOT fireworks a hard ticket event and really, actually limit the number of tickets sold. This would ensure no overcrowding and Disney can do what it does best... Make more money.

I would pay to see it once in safety.

And here’s a plus - when the world is back to normal, EPCOT brings back the fireworks show FOR FREE, folks will think they are getting some added value (for something that should always have been free 😀)

I think this would be great once a week permanently. Perhaps requiring pre-paid reservations to some sort of dining, desert or other refreshment to get all countries on board. 🎆💲

jrhwdw

Maybe this position needing to be filled is what Martin was referring to with the post of No fireworks for Oct 1st, Currently.
Currently meaning if they happen to hire someone with experience from another Disney park that could speed the process along lol.
If designing HEA 50th and Harm all this job is....that makes sence.

On the other hand if COVID allows it earlier than 10/1(please?) I would think TDO would just keep F!/HEA 2017/maybe EF?????? going till the 50th/Harm stuff is ready? Even if the teams misses 10/1?
I think this would be great once a week permanently. Perhaps requiring pre-paid reservations to some sort of dining, desert or other refreshment to get all countries on board. 🎆💲
We had Desert Parties. Maybe they need to be completely after hours with a special showing? I know ROE ran at 11:30 a few nights. I don't remember what for?

TrainsOfDisney

On the other hand if COVID allows it earlier than 10/1(please?) I would think TDO would just keep F!/HEA 2017/maybe EF?????? going till the 50th/Harm stuff is ready? Even if the teams misses 10/1?

We had Desert Parties. Maybe they need to be completely after hours with a special showing? I know ROE ran at 11:30 a few nights. I don't remember what for?
Only times I remember ROE running that late was for New Years Eve.

jt04

Perfect. Everything they are doing in the central plaza seems like event space. Epcot would benefit greatly by adding such events. IMO.

TTA94

Or this is a position that just recently opened, will most likely be filled internally but still has to be posted regardless. Same thing just happened with the Epcot VP. I wouldn’t read into this as much as you are.

True. Would make way more sense for them to promote someone within WDW or bring in someone from DL or another Disney park overseas that already has experience.

Walt d

True. Would make way more sense for them to promote someone within WDW or bring in someone from DL or another Disney park overseas that already has experience.
Come on” thats me! It really is! I love blowing things up” can we talk about possibly blowing part of the castle up, on the night of the 50th come on no one will expect that they’ll talk about this show for years. And we could shoot fireworks all over the parks. No one has ever done that! Im ready lets get the rockets in the sky. Sign me up Bobby igor!!!! Lets do this!

JIMINYCR

I would love to see a Disney fireworks display again. Its been so long since we were awed by the lengthy show. Ever since seeing my first MK one years ago, its been a highlight of our stays. Nothing around home comes close and theres no comparison.

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting enough, when Disney Parks (on their YT channel) posted their mini-documentary of the making of Happily Ever After, the pyrotechnics team/leader never got featured or interviewed. They were only just briefly mentioned that they’ve been hard at work and collaborating with the animation team(s).

Here’s the full collection, notice they have one for every major aspect of the show like music, animation, projections, recording, but not the fireworks. Only really featured in the last one which was the overview of the show of all aspects.

Maybe Disney will make a similar series for Harmonius and heavily feature this new person they’re recruiting.

topdad

Just go ahead and hire anyone from the Grucci family. They even had an early Disney connection in Pleasure Island.
Grucci has quite an amazing list of accomplishments!

Seven consecutive U.S. Presidential inaugurations beginning with Ronald Reagan;
Statue of Liberty Centennial (1986);
Brooklyn Bridge Centennial;
Olympic Games in Lake Placid, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Beijing, and more;
World's Fairs in Knoxville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Taejon, Korea
Dubai 2014 fireworks display, a Guinness world record. Including 479,651 shells fired in just six minutes on New Year's Eve, at a rate of almost 80K shells per minute and 1,332 fireworks per second!!
😄
Grucviy displays are amazing. But very fast paced and aggressive. I love that at certain times. a Disney fireworks show has much more artistry that is usually seen at international fireworks competitions.

topdad

Just go ahead and hire anyone from the Grucci family. They even had an early Disney connection in Pleasure Island.
Grucci has quite an amazing list of accomplishments!

Seven consecutive U.S. Presidential inaugurations beginning with Ronald Reagan;
Statue of Liberty Centennial (1986);
Brooklyn Bridge Centennial;
Olympic Games in Lake Placid, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Beijing, and more;
World's Fairs in Knoxville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Taejon, Korea
Dubai 2014 fireworks display, a Guinness world record. Including 479,651 shells fired in just six minutes on New Year's Eve, at a rate of almost 80K shells per minute and 1,332 fireworks per second!!
😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom