Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

SoCalDisneyLover

I like this, makes sure the parks don't get too out of control. I hope they never bring back fastpass.
Oh, they're going to bring back Fastpass, 100%. For one thing, Maxpass brings in revenue, and that's pretty much all Disney cares about these days, is Revenue. The only question is whether they will also charge for Fastpass as well when it returns.

And the new ride in DCA has a line dedicated to Fast Pass. It has a sign indicating such. If they had any plan to discontinue Fast Pass, the sign would have been removed before Avenger's Campus opened.

CaptinEO

They will absolutely bring it back, especially since they already have the infrastructure for it... But they will probably make you pay for it.
If they do it like Universal where its expensive, this is totally good with me. My problem is when tons of people can get fastpasses it makes the wait times huge. If they want to charge 200ish dollars a person for fastpass, that shouldn't make a difference in wait times.

CaptinEO

Oh, they're going to bring back Fastpass, 100%. For one thing, Maxpass brings in revenue, and that's pretty much all Disney cares about these days, is Revenue. The only question is whether they will also charge for Fastpass as well when it returns.

And the new ride in DCA has a line dedicated to Fast Pass. It has a sign indicating such. If they had any plan to discontinue Fast Pass, the sign would have been removed before Avenger's Campus opened.
This area was designed and mostly built before the shutdown though.

In terms of revenue, the CEO found that they had revenue increases with lower lines. There is a fine balancing act I suppose.

flynnibus

Premium Member

In terms of revenue, the CEO found that they had revenue increases with lower lines. There is a fine balancing act I suppose.

that is simply disney spinning….

what they know is people don’t like being in a miserable park experience and disney had pushed it too far. This “observation” (shocker right?) is simply being being paraded around as justification for disney doing what it already wanted to do for other reasons.

don’t worry, when disney rolls out their absurdly priced fastpass alternative you’ll hear how disney is “responding to customer demand for options to enhance their limited vacation fime” or some other self serving nonsense

CaptinEO

that is simply disney spinning….

what they know is people don’t like being in a miserable park experience and disney had pushed it too far. This “observation” (shocker right?) is simply being being paraded around as justification for disney doing what it already wanted to do for other reasons.

don’t worry, when disney rolls out their absurdly priced fastpass alternative you’ll hear how disney is “responding to customer demand for options to enhance their limited vacation fime” or some other self serving nonsense
It very well could be. The CEO could have been trying to save face for Star Wars Land's underperformance as well as their massive profit loss during the shutdown. I certainly dont like how they wordsmith things to pretend they are doing better than ever when their revenue was down 5 billion year over year.

SoCalDisneyLover

I know, but if they were seriously thinking of getting rid of Fast Pass, they could easily have removed the big sign that says Fast Pass Entrance, and made it into a regular queue. The fact it's still there seems like an indication that it will be utilized as it was intended at some point.

SoCalDisneyLover

Looking at how park availability is wide open roughly 2-3 weeks out, makes me think Disney is going to have to start "memberships" by summer's end. Otherwise they're going to have availability every day except Saturdays. Perhaps early September?

Curious Constance

Looking at how park availability is wide open roughly 2-3 weeks out, makes me think Disney is going to have to start "memberships" by summer's end. Otherwise they're going to have availability every day except Saturdays. Perhaps early September?
All that matters is they sell out before the day of. And that seems to be what’s been happening so far.

Tamandua

All that matters is they sell out before the day of. And that seems to be what’s been happening so far.
I have to wonder how many of the tickets used so far were existing tickets that people are trying to use up. I know a number of people who still have multi-day so cal resident tickets to use. Once all those tickets dry up and people have gone once or twice back, will the demand still be there?

SoCalDisneyLover

It just opened up to out of state, and it's the heart of the summer. It always quiets down as of Labor Day, and non-local visitors drop significantly. If they're not making reservations to full amount possible, that too will be increased.

They'll be fine through Summer. But by September, they'll lose a lot of tourists, and the locals who have probably already been once or twice, will be done with paying $105+ each visit.

Now, Oogie Boogie Bash, which should be held, will sell out every night. But weekdays at the parks will be empty from Labor Day to mid-November, without whatever program they intend to put out.

SoCalDisneyLover

I could see summer but with the holidays those tend to be busier.
The busy holiday period won't start until mid-November, and they usually compensate for that with Blockout dates. Not sure how that will work under whatever program they intend to come out with.

But I can't see them sitting by during the Labor Day to mid-November period, while the weekday crowds are non-existent.

My prediction is we'll get some sort of announcement around the 1st week of September, with sales beginning almost immediately after that. I don't see them waiting until things get busier in November, because that doesn't make sense since they know there won't be a problem drawing people between Thanksgiving & January 1.

waltography

Love seeing these photos - the ones that continue to be circulated online are often rope drop photos which are naturally very crowded (and perhaps in this climate uncomfortably so).

I do miss pandemic Disneyland where rope drop wasn't a thing. Is there a logistical reason why rope drop happens?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Reminds me of this photo I took on Dec. 21, 2018 at 8:33am. I got sooooo much done that morning.

1624214794597.png

Curious Constance

FYI for those requesting Maxpass refunds. Per Disney rep on the chat feature via the app, it is taking 6-8 weeks to process the Maxpass refunds they are receiving.

To request a refund, go to the disneyland.com website, scroll down to the bottom of the page, under "Contact us", choose "Email". That will bring up a form to fill out to send a message requesting the refund. In the "Subject" drop down the very last option in the list is "Disney Maxpass Refunds". Choose that and ask to be refunded for the Maxpass you purchased on your tickets. Don't expect to hear anything from them though until the refund is processed in 6-8 weeks.

Also something I learned today is for those that would still like the Photopass option, but no longer have it due to the Maxpass feature being removed at this time, you can purchase it on the app for $20 a day. BUT if you are going for 4+ days, there is an option to purchase Photopass that is good for a week for $78 on the website.

Go to My Disneyland from the website and sign in. Then choose My Photos, then Photo Products, and that will give you the option to buy it for a week. It will save me $22, so glad I found out about this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom