Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.48.25 PM.png

Speaking of Face Masks, Disney has slashed the prices on all of their masks on ShopDisney. Might find them on the markdown price at the parks if they're doing the same onsite. The screenshot shows some of the masks

Disney Analyst

The truth is that none of the covid vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for "emergency use." Requiring a vaccine that doesn't even have final FDA approval is criminal.

The difference between emergency use approval and full FDA approval is literally a matter of months… emergency use speeds up the process but does not cut corners in the trial periods or the science and data.

Your argument is weightless.

I can fully understand someone being hesitant, I get it, but stop using ridiculous reasoning which further pushes misinformation and sows doubt in something that will save lives.

K bye.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tell you what... I'll get the vaccine when the drug companies are once again held liable for any major harm or death resulting from the vaccine. What concerns me more than anything right now is that there is zero liability.
And there is nothing wrong with taking that position for yourself personally, although I would personally say any benefit outweighs the risk. And you have to expect that during a pandemic such measures are going to be taken, as you're talking about a process that literally costs Billions to research and produce. However this is completely different than making blanket statements the vaccines are experimental or insinuating the EU Authorization is somehow resulting in cut corners or bad science, both of which are bogus and just plain misinformation.

If you had just posted this position to begin with no one would have likely given it a second thought.

Disney Analyst

And there is nothing wrong with taking that position for yourself personally, although I would personally say any benefit outweighs the risk. And you have to expect that during a pandemic such measures are going to be taken, as you're talking about a process that literally costs Billions to research and produce. However this is completely different than making blanket statements the vaccines are experimental or insinuating the EU Authorization is somehow resulting in cut corners or bad science, both of which are bogus and just plain misinformation.

If you had just posted this position to begin with no one would have likely given it a second thought.

Precisely. One is a legitimate reason, for some. The other stuff is all just garbage misinformation talking points.

And let’s think about this for a second. I’m Canadian - we don’t use the FDA, we have Health Canada. Of course Health Canada and the FDA share data, and work together. In fact the FDA considers Health Canada a comparable entity: https://www.fda.gov/food/cfsan-cons...anada-having-comparable-food-safety-system-us

So if Health Canada is a comparable entity, as defined by the FDA… that should mean the fact the vaccines are approved in Canada means they are safe and effective, and the full FDA approval process is merely just a matter of time…

but that full FDA approval process is not sustainable in a global emergency, hence emergency use authorization.

SoCalDisneyLover

THEY. NEED. THE. TRAM. RUNNING. :(
Disney had no excuse for refusing to open M&F parking early, other than saving a few bucks on staffing. NONE.

On Tuesday, they'll have no valid reason for not having Trams. They're supposedly going to completely eliminate all forms of social distancing at the first chance they get.

I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to start it up, and also whether they can figure out a way to actually open at a reasonable time, so mass amounts of people don't park elsewhere, near Harbor, in order to get into the parks ahead of those willing to pay for the "privilege" of parking at the Disney garage.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is that even safe? That sounds very dangerous.

Anti-vaxxers don’t think long-term. At some point, their kids will have to be vaccinated. Sorry to hear your neighbor was forced to get so many in such a short period.
"Spread out the vaccines" is the rallying cry of anti-vaxxers who have enough social shame that they don't want to be thought of anti-vaxxers. So, they claim that we can't give young children multiple vaccines at once or so close together because that's harmful.

And there's no scientific evidence that that's harmful.

The anti-vaxxers just say that to avoid vaccinations.

The military and colleges and school district deal often with clients who need to get their vaccines all up to date, and in a short time. Been doing it for decades. Not dangerous (as long as there is a watch period of about 15 minutes looking for an allergic reaction).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's a difference between being an antivaxxer and not wanting an experimental vaccine only approved for emergency use for a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.
That's anti-vaxxer misinformation.

So that pharmaceutical companies continue to create vaccines in the face of possible lawsuits, the Federal government shielded them from lawsuits (unless they were willingly negligent). The Feds, then took on the liability.

So, if a vaccine is proven to harm you, the Feds will pay you, not the pharma company.

All to make sure that vaccine development continues for the good of all.

The Facts​

According to 42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22, "No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings."​
In other words, companies that manufacture vaccines are not liable if someone has an allergic reaction or injury after being vaccinated.​
However, individuals can file a petition with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to receive compensation if they are found to have been injured by one of the vaccines covered by VICP. According to the Health Resources and Services Administration under HHS, "even in cases in which such a finding is not made, petitioners may receive compensation through a settlement."​
VICP, also known as "vaccine court" has been accepting petitions, also known as claims, since 1988, and has paid about $4.4 billion in overall compensation, according to CNBC.​
Though VICP covers vaccines for diseases including human papillomavirus (HPV), measles, mumps, polio and seasonal influenza, it does not cover any COVID-19 vaccines.​
In 2005, the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP) was created to protect from liability pharmaceutical companies that make or distribute vaccines unless there is "willful misconduct" by the company.​

SSG

Welp, the die is cast. I have tickets/reservations for 5 days in mid-August. Can't wait to see how the park has come through COVID times. I look forward to sharing my disappointment with the Jungle Cruise changes and Avenger's Campus :p
Update: Just added 2 more days to our trip, and went a little nuts and decided to stay at the GCH for those 2 nights :happy: Decided to splurge since we haven't been--well---anywhere in 18 months. The Grand's 4 Diamond status may be a bit iffy but the Mrs is sentimental about it since we stayed there on our honeymoon. 😍 Happy Wife Happy Life.

DLR>WDW

Been reading lots of guests’ comments over the past couple weeks saying the park is ultimately unenjoyable and frustrating in its current state. With tickets exceeding $150/per-person, per-day, I‘d have to agree. Right now, there is a multi-hour morning entry experience if entering via Harbor, virtual queues for the two newest attractions at the resort that sell out in under 10 seconds, exclusively outdoor lines, and a process in which you must order your lunch and dinner at breakfast time in order to ensure you eat at an ideal time—only to have to wait 20-30 minutes when picking it up.

I feel for all the guest services Cast and hope the feedback forces management to turn it around ASAP. With the 15th upon us, the opportunity for them to do that is now, it’s just up to TDA to execute.

mickEblu

Been reading lots of guests’ comments over the past couple weeks saying the park is ultimately unenjoyable and frustrating in its current state. With tickets exceeding $150/per-person, per-day, I‘d have to agree. Right now, there is a multi-hour morning entry experience if entering via Harbor, virtual queues for the two newest attractions at the resort that sell out in under 10 seconds, exclusively outdoor lines, and a process in which you must order your lunch and dinner at breakfast time in order to ensure you eat at an ideal time—only to have to wait 20-30 minutes when picking it up.

I feel for all the guest services Cast and hope the feedback forces management to turn it around ASAP. With the 15th upon us, the opportunity for them to do that is now, it’s just up to TDA to execute.

I’m shocked that so many people paying full price for a day at DCA are willing to wait in an hours long line to go Avengers Campus especially when the majority of them probably have seen everything there is to see on YouTube.

mickEblu

The mobile order thing sucks. I recommend people select the window before the window they actually want and click “I’m here” at the very beginning of their window even if they are not there. Picking up my Birria tacos was a 45 minute process from the time I clicked “I’m here” to the time they handed me my food. It took about 25 min for them prepare the food and then 15 minutes in a physical line to pick up the food after they said it was ready. Then they hand me the food and there are no forks or napkin in any of the dispensers outside of the restaurant. So I have to go back to the window and they didn’t have any there either. They were supposedly sending someone to restock and nobody came out for 2-3 minutes so we just walked away so we could eat our food hot. All for the super low bargain Disney prices. Oh ya don’t forget to hunt down a table 20 minutes before hand.

Anyway can’t complain too much. I know what li was getting into. I’m sure a lot of this will be a thing of the past in the next couple weeks to months.

Curious Constance

Why does Disney always seem to be the worst for this kind of stuff? They have the most money. They should be by far the best. It’s inexcusable. The majority of these people are locals now. Imagine if the majority of them had spent thousands on airfare and hotels and food for a vacation. How would they feel then? Things better do a 180 here is a couple days.

Animaniac93-98

Thankfully my park ticket was purchased at a discount through Undercover Tourist. It was about $77/day for a 5-day hopper.

If it's still this bad post-Labor Day than I'll skip rope drop and the two boarding group rides. Not worth it.

Curious Constance

Thankfully my park ticket was purchased at a discount through Undercover Tourist. It was about $77/day for a 5-day hopper.

If it's still this bad post-Labor Day than I'll skip rope drop and the two boarding group rides. Not worth it.
We got five day hoppers too. But I can’t imagine waiting on Harbor for 1-2 hours. I wonder if more people are entering from Harbor side or it’s mostly due to trying to keep the esplanade distanced?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom