Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Stevek

If we decide to go, we'll likely bite the bullet and go for tier 4 or 5 as the lower tier days could book up more quickly given everyone can book those. We'll also likely go after June 4th...right now, I'm leaning towards tier 5 though.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If we decide to go, we'll likely bite the bullet and go for tier 4 or 5 as the lower tier days could book up more quickly given everyone can book those. We'll also likely go after June 4th...right now, I'm leaning towards tier 5 though.
Are you local and only planning to go for one day?

I've got about $76 in Disney dollars saved up from my Chase card, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase a two-day parkhopper and then try and figure out which weekend I want to go. I've got a week-long trip to Utah planned for September, so I can't take too much time off, so it will have to be a weekend where I either take Friday and Monday off or just Monday and travel Friday evening after work.

Right now I'm looking at either the weekend of June 4th or June 11th, but if those weekends book up quickly it'll have to be sometime later.

Stevek

Are you local and only planning to go for one day?

I've got about $76 in Disney dollars saved up from my Chase card, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase a two-day parkhopper and then try and figure out which weekend I want to go. I've got a week-long trip to Utah planned for September, so I can't take too much time off, so it will have to be a weekend where I either take Friday and Monday off or just Monday and travel Friday evening after work.

Right now I'm looking at either the weekend of June 4th or June 11th, but if those weekends book up quickly it'll have to be sometime later.
Yes. I’m local.

AJFireman

It wasn’t clear to me but do you know if we still have to use them within a 13 day period given the challenges securing reservations?

If not, given the cost of a single day ticket, it may be most cost effective to get this multi-day option if spread out over multiple months, if I can “hold” some of these days for later in the year.
The 13 day rule still applies to any newly purchased multi day tickets. It does show on the website regarding previously purchased unused multi day tickets expiring 13 days after first use and multiple sources have said that Disney CMs have confirmed this. Screenshots where posted also with confirmation of CM Chat. Previously purchased Multi Day Passes vary by type and if partially used.

ToTBellHop

For out-of-state people, visitcalifornia.com, which is basically a mouthpiece for the CA tourism office, has updated its travel policy:

“Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.”

Looks like it’s June 15 for everything but conventions.

Californian Elitist

Link blocked but there apparently are new CM name tags.
Thanks for letting me know.

05062FFD-3DC4-4AB0-84CB-15565BC0B92B.jpeg

CaptinEO

I'd love if opening day Gavin Newsom and Chapek are there to do a dual stand up set.

Newsom: "Wow "i've been going here for 13 months straight and it's been completely dead, where'd these crowds come from?"

Chapek: Gavin will be joining me for dinner at the French Laundry... Er I mean The French Market.

Newsom: Bob and I may be on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to opening themeparks, but we can both agree on one thing.

Chapek: What's that Gavin?

Newsom: That we both have no idea how to do our job.

Curious Constance

For out-of-state people, visitcalifornia.com, which is basically a mouthpiece for the CA tourism office, has updated its travel policy:

“Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.”

Looks like it’s June 15 for everything but conventions.
I’ve decided to plan for an August trip and let the dust settle for a few months first. What I wouldn’t give for an indoor only mask mandate by then.

ToTBellHop

I’ve decided to plan for an August trip and let the dust settle for a few months first. What I wouldn’t give for an indoor only mask mandate by then.
August is nice because DL should open up reservations to out of state people roughly 60 days out from August. While July 4, for example, will allow people from out of state, I wouldn’t risk that. It could sell out before I’m eligible to reserve a date.

Curious Constance

August is nice because DL should open up reservations to out of state people roughly 60 days out from August. While July 4, for example, will allow people from out of state, I wouldn’t risk that. It could sell out before I’m eligible to reserve a date.
Good point! I wonder if people with existing tickets will always have some sort of a jump on reservations or if that’s just at the start that they will do that?

Emmanuel

If the restrictions are mostly lifted on June 15th, then likely the mask mandate wouldn't be far behind in being modified to indoor only then eventually being lifted. Will depend on how the state is with the virus then but even with the J&J shortage, CA is likely going to meet that June 15th target.

I expect the mask mandate to remain for the summer even in a modified form then lifted after summer when tourism dies down until the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom