Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

Bill in Atlanta

Original Poster
https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

For some nights in March, MK will be open until 10pm, and Epcot until 11pm. I'm guessing this will also be the case for the months ahead, but it won't be posted until right before.

This is a great sign on the road back to normalcy.

I apologize if this has already been discussed; I didn't see a thread on it anywhere.

havoc315

For some nights in March, MK will be open until 10pm, and Epcot until 11pm. I'm guessing this will also be the case for the months ahead, but it won't be posted until right before.

I apologize if this has already been discussed; I didn't see a thread on it anywhere.

It’s Spring break / Easter hours. No reason to believe those hours will continue.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Why would you think this would be the case for the months ahead? The isn't the post- COVID ramp-up, it's just spring break.

Bill in Atlanta

Original Poster
It’s Spring break / Easter hours. No reason to believe those hours will continue.
I'm not so sure - some colleges are off now, but Easter is not until April 4th, and most grade schools have Spring Break April 5th-9th.

But the extended hours are showing only until March 28th, then back to 6pm/7pm closures after that. I'd be surprised if that holds up, considering how many kids/teachers will be off school through April 11th.

Later in April, hours may be somewhat reduced again, but many college wrap up exams on May 1st, marking the beginning of the transition to summer. I could see summer hours mimicking Spring Break hours. And by the time summer ends, every American will have access to a vaccine, so normal hours should more or less resume at that point.

My guess is they are probably just being cautious in this current climate and don't want to post extended hours too far ahead.

Last edited:

havoc315

I'm not so sure - some colleges are off now, but Easter is not until April 4th, and most grade schools have Spring Break April 5th-9th.

But the extended hours are showing only until March 28th, then back to 6pm/7pm closures after that. I'd be surprised if that holds up, considering how many kids/teachers will be off school through April 11th.

Later in April, hours may be somewhat reduced again, but many college wrap up exams on May 1st, marking the beginning of the transition to summer. I could see summer hours mimicking Spring Break hours. By the time summer ends, every American will have access to a vaccine, so normal hours should more or less resume at that point.

My guess is they are probably just being cautious in this current climate and don't want to post extended hours too far ahead.

Florida schools are on Spring Break NOW.

They have been extending hours in a reactionary way -- when park passes are getting swallowed up and they are pushing against their capacity, they have been increasing the hours.

Summer hours could mimic spring break hours, but not out of intent. It would be more coincidence. -- Hours being increased to "normal" now due to high demand. Hours being increased to "normal" during summer.. because it's normal.

But as of now, as long as demand and capacity are limited, I'd expect continued limited hours.

Bill in Atlanta

Original Poster
Florida schools are on Spring Break NOW.

They have been extending hours in a reactionary way -- when park passes are getting swallowed up and they are pushing against their capacity, they have been increasing the hours.

Summer hours could mimic spring break hours, but not out of intent. It would be more coincidence. -- Hours being increased to "normal" now due to high demand. Hours being increased to "normal" during summer.. because it's normal.

But as of now, as long as demand and capacity are limited, I'd expect continued limited hours.
Florida school Spring Breaks vary between this week, next week, the week after, and into April:

https://www.floridasmart.com/articles/florida-public-school-calendars

Many areas of the country traditionally take off school the week after Easter. Atlanta, Dallas, Baton Rouge school districts all have an April 5th-9th Spring Break, for example. So it would be surprising to see an 11pm Epcot closing time from March 13-27, only to see April 5-9 return to a 7pm closing.

I think the 6pm/7pm closings are going to be few & far between going forward, and that's a very positive development. :)

havoc315

Florida school Spring Breaks vary between this week, next week, the week after, and into April:

https://www.floridasmart.com/articles/florida-public-school-calendars

Many areas of the country traditionally take off school the week after Easter. Atlanta, Dallas, Baton Rouge school districts all have an April 5th-9th Spring Break, for example. So it would be surprising to see an 11pm Epcot closing time from March 13-27, only to see April 5-9 return to a 7pm closing.

I think the 6pm/7pm closings are going to be few & far between going forward, and that's a very positive development. :)

Let me put it this way -- Every park is at capacity for the next 9 days..

When the parks sell out -- Whether you believe it's tied to Spring break or not is irrelevant (in Orlando, school breaks start this weekend.... so it's not a coincidence that the parks are "sold out" over the next 9 days) -- When they sell out, they increase the hours.
When they don't sell out, they've been doing decreased hours.

Daily Magic

I’ll be visiting from April 11-17th and I’m surprised to not see the hours extended yet. Would’ve sworn the hours would’ve been extended by now but I’m starting to feel they won’t bc it won’t be during spring break. Shame...

Bill in Atlanta

Original Poster

When the parks sell out -- Whether you believe it's tied to Spring break or not is irrelevant (in Orlando, school breaks start this weekend.... so it's not a coincidence that the parks are "sold out" over the next 9 days) -- When they sell out, they increase the hours.
Right. That's why I posted in the OP "I'm guessing this will also be the case for the months ahead, but it won't be posted until right before". Demand is likely to remain elevated throughout the Spring Break season (loosely March 13-April 11), and then again when schools let out in May. Demand will also likely continue to rise regardless of school being in/out as more folks are vaccinated and cases continue to drop.

In short, the 10pm/11pm closings *should* become more common than 6pm/7pm closings as demand continues to return to normal.

Armerius

Right. That's why I posted in the OP "I'm guessing this will also be the case for the months ahead, but it won't be posted until right before". Demand is likely to remain elevated throughout the Spring Break season (loosely March 13-April 11), and then again when schools let out in May. Demand will also likely continue to rise regardless of school being in/out as more folks are vaccinated and cases continue to drop.

In short, the 10pm/11pm closings *should* become more common than 6pm/7pm closings as demand continues to return to normal.
lets hope

Daily Magic

Fingers crossed the hours get extended even a little for the week of April 11th. Even if that’s an extra hour a day that adds up to an extra days worth of time in the park over a week long trip.

plawren2

WDW has always adjusted hours based on crowds, post -pandemic it would be norm for WDW to have longer hours for Memorial Day weekend, July/August, and with 50th anniversary, most certainly for December holiday period.

plawren2

people are surprised the crowds are returning and parks selling out in March/April during Spring Break/Easter? We are not past the pandemic but plenty of data showing vacation travel is already rapidly increasing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom