Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

tpac24

There really is no social distancing anymore.
100% correct and I would say the majority of the people I chatted with while there are completely over all of this and ready to just rip the Band-Aid off and be normal again. I also found lots of inconsistencies on Disney's part. For instance we cant' have strangers sitting next to each other on the bus but we can on Flights of Passage . I was literally siting next to a lady on that ride who didn't make it on to our bus because of the silly seating they have set up.

Amidala

100% correct and I would say the majority of the people I chatted with while there are completely over all of this and ready to just rip the Band-Aid off and be normal again. I also found lots of inconsistencies on Disney's part. For instance we cant' have strangers sitting next to each other on the bus but we can on Flights of Passage . I was literally siting next to a lady on that ride who didn't make it on to our bus because of the silly seating they have set up.

I think the biggest hypocrisy is both WDW and UO opening their water parks (where masks are not required) and then expecting guests to take mask policies seriously at their other parks. How are guests expected to feel safe while unmasked for a majority of their day at BB when masks are required everywhere else? I'm personally in favor of keeping mask policies and social distancing in place and gradually softening them over the course of the next few months, not abruptly doing away with them overnight. But IMO there needs to be a clear stance from Disney: Either it's safe to spend a day at the park without masks, in which case you should be in no more danger at Epcot than you are at BB. OR it's unsafe across the board in which case water parks should remain closed.

It really just highlights the fact that Disney doesn't actually care one way or another & is just doing its best to please people on both sides of the issue.

tpac24

I think the biggest hypocrisy is both WDW and UO opening their water parks (where masks are not required) and then expecting guests to take mask policies seriously at their other parks. How are guests expected to feel safe while unmasked for a majority of their day at BB when masks are required everywhere else? I'm personally in favor of keeping mask policies and social distancing in place and gradually softening them over the course of the next few months, not abruptly doing away with them overnight. But IMO there needs to be a clear stance from Disney: Either it's safe to spend a day at the park without masks, in which case you should be in no more danger at Epcot than you are at BB. OR it's unsafe across the board in which case water parks should remain closed.

It really just highlights the fact that Disney doesn't actually care one way or another & is just doing its best to please people on both sides of the issue.
I completely agree with this last statement! I think they do that with a ton of issues. Splash being one of them. The entire it is racist and insensitive but not racist and insensitive enough to shut down immediately highlights that.

ToTBellHop

I think it is more an issue of indoor spaces and concern that, if they allow guests to take masks off outdoors, they won’t put them on when entering a building. I expect a softening of this stance as we move through summer.

Amidala

I completely agree with this last statement! I think they do that with a ton of issues. Splash being one of them. The entire it is racist and insensitive but not racist and insensitive enough to shut down immediately highlights that.

Well, I think with Splash, the idea is that the company is covering itself just by announcing the decision to switch it over. The "when" of it doesn't matter so much as the public acknowledgement & assurance that change is on the way. Of course, I'm sure there's been internal discussion about this for years & timing ultimately came down to when an announcement like this would please more people than it would anger. So, to me that's less an example of hypocrisy and more just.....cold corporate calculation, if that makes sense.

I think it is more an issue of indoor spaces and concern that, if they allow guests to take masks off outdoors, they won’t put them on when entering a building. I expect a softening of this stance as we move through summer.

Oh I agree, but I still don't really understand BB as an exception to that rule.

ToTBellHop

Well, I think with Splash, the idea is that the company is covering itself just by announcing the decision to switch it over. The "when" of it doesn't matter so much as the public acknowledgement & assurance that change is on the way. Of course, I'm sure there's been internal discussion about this for years & timing ultimately came down to when an announcement like this would please more people than it would anger. So, to me that's less an example of hypocrisy and more just.....cold corporate calculation, if that makes sense.

Oh I agree, but I still don't really understand BB as an exception to that rule.
It’s all outdoors, I guess. I agree, it’s arbitrary. In the end, you can’t open a water park with masks. So they made up rules to allow for it.

Armerius

Wonder why they cut back an hour for Epcot for your dates. (we are there 5/1-5/7). Keep checking daily. They seem to be adding more capacity, and 5/17 is pretty far away. Maybe as people change their plans more slots at HS will open.
im checking like 4 times a day hehe.. hoping.

Miss Bella

So true...and what about the pools? No masks, no social distancing, 12 people in a hot tub. People were literally crawling over each other at AA ticket kiosks at MCO.
I did come across a few people at the resort that wouldn't get on the elevator with another party. OK that's fine then step out of line or better yet take the stairs. How the heck are you going to ride tower of terror and why are you there? Go home.

A drunk guy fell down in one of the resort restaurants we were eating at and several people jumped into help him up. A couple of strangers helped him back to his room. It was nice to see because in August I helped a dad pick up several objects that had fallen out of his stroller and someone actually yelled at me not to touch it. Humans need social interaction and I agree with you people are over it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So true...and what about the pools? No masks, no social distancing, 12 people in a hot tub. People were literally crawling over each other at AA ticket kiosks at MCO.
I did come across a few people at the resort that wouldn't get on the elevator with another party. OK that's fine then step out of line or better yet take the stairs. How the heck are you going to ride tower of terror and why are you there? Go home.

A drunk guy fell down in one of the resort restaurants we were eating at and several people jumped into help him up. A couple of strangers helped him back to his room. It was nice to see because in August I helped a dad pick up several objects that had fallen out of his stroller and someone actually yelled at me not to touch it. Humans need social interaction and I agree with you people are over it.
It was absolutely hysterical to me the way Mears was "socially distancing" the Magical Express buses when EVERY SINGLE PERSON in line for the bus had just spent three hours in a freaking airplane, packed next to strangers.

bhg469

We are moving down in June, while the parks aren't really on our agenda yet, we are definitely waiting on the Epcot after 4 annual passes to come back. I really hope those are available soon. World showcase is gonna be our evening walk more often than not.

meekoman

I haven't seen anything said about the hours for the 4th of July. The hours for the parks are the same as any other day. I'll be at the studios that day and it closes at 7 pm. I would have thought that the hours would have been extended for sure that day.

ToTBellHop

I haven't seen anything said about the hours for the 4th of July. The hours for the parks are the same as any other day. I'll be at the studios that day and it closes at 7 pm. I would have thought that the hours would have been extended for sure that day.
Still could extend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom