Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

RSoxNo1

So Disney now 'preaches' the park reservation is the way, let's see how it works on New Year's Eve (at Epcot), will they actually cut off entry based on the limited and now unavailable park reservations keeping the park at a reasonable normal daily capacity or will they blow it up like they did every year before covid? I'll find out on 12/31...will I need a cow catcher on the front of my scooter or not?View attachment 607172
Can someone enlighten me on how dynamic the park reservations system is? During Thanksgiving week, the parks were more crowded. The week after, while there were lingering crowds the parks were less crowded. On some of the days on the week after Thanksgiving, all park reservations were filled.

Let's say they're operating at 50% (I believe the number is higher than that now, but for purposes of this argument, let's say that's the number). Wouldn't that number be relatively fixed. If it isn't fixed but is a function of staffing, isn't the reason for the park reservations to improve operations? Wouldn't they simply add staff when park reservations are starting to fill up? It absolutely appears that 50% one week doesn't mean the same as 50% another week.

JoeCamel

Can someone enlighten me on how dynamic the park reservations system is? During Thanksgiving week, the parks were more crowded. The week after, while there were lingering crowds the parks were less crowded. On some of the days on the week after Thanksgiving, all park reservations were filled.

Let's say they're operating at 50% (I believe the number is higher than that now, but for purposes of this argument, let's say that's the number). Wouldn't that number be relatively fixed. If it isn't fixed but is a function of staffing, isn't the reason for the park reservations to improve operations? Wouldn't they simply add staff when park reservations are starting to fill up? It absolutely appears that 50% one week doesn't mean the same as 50% another week.
They may not have the staff to add. If they worked them hard over Thanksgiving week they may need to have more off after to make up for the extra hours expended during T-week so less available to draw from?

RSoxNo1

They may not have the staff to add. If they worked them hard over Thanksgiving week they may need to have more off after to make up for the extra hours expended during T-week so less available to draw from?
The swing is a bit too extreme for it to be staffing IMO.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The swing is a bit too extreme for it to be staffing IMO.
I believe it’s a combination including cost accounting of staff
It’s mostly staffing. Usually park hours are set based on forecasted park attendance and staffing levels are set accordingly. Currently forecasted staffing levels are being used to determine park hours and park pass caps.
Yep…that’s a stinker.

the concept that they ever set 12/26 at 9-7 is just silly…but here we are with “extensions”

I don’t enjoy pointing out the parlor tricks…it’s just been a non-stop parade of them for 5 years

rct247

Why will they extend other park hours regularly but almost never extend DHS hours?
Probably has to do with two things: things to do and maintenance. Not everything is brought back to fill a long day. By the end of the day, when most shows are done and no fireworks to keep people, it becomes both cost savings and staffing fixe. I mostly think it's maintenance though for Rise. They continue to see downtime. The longer hours are, the less time they have to work on it perpetuating the issue.

peter11435

I believe it’s a combination including cost accounting of staff

Yep…that’s a stinker.

the concept that they ever set 12/26 at 9-7 is just silly…but here we are with “extensions”

I don’t enjoy pointing out the parlor tricks…it’s just been a non-stop parade of them for 5 years
Maybe it’s too early and im not fully awake yet but I don’t know exactly what you’re trying to say here.

Jrn14

Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know why EMH are May 16th and May 17th for the week of the May 15th instead of May 16th and 18th, like they are every other week? We aren't getting there until Tuesday night so we wont' be able to take advantage of the EMHs :(. Any chance there will be something else to make up for it?

ToTBellHop

Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know why EMH are May 16th and May 17th for the week of the May 15th instead of May 16th and 18th, like they are every other week? We aren't getting there until Tuesday night so we wont' be able to take advantage of the EMHs :(. Any chance there will be something else to make up for it?
Not sure why they switched the date but I would not expect anything further to be added.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am going back to the Parks at the end of September.
I visited 3 times in 2021. I am hoping to see the extended hours continue.
Hate the early closing hours.
Loved being there during spring break when Magic Kingdom closed at 3am.
Best times with my college aged kids.
So scary how the parks have changed and not for the better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom