News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

Dan Deesnee

This might be slightly off topic and I wouldn't be surprised if no one has a clue but when I went back in about 2016 I remember getting the Rice Krispie treats for the first time and thought they were incredible. I've always really liked Rice Krispie treats.

On my 2018 trip though it just tasted very different and not as good. Both times it was from the Main Street confectionery. Does anyone know if they changed the recipe or something?

bpiper

I know this.... Well my wife, who loves them, knows this....

First a question. Are you talking about the little Mikey treats or the giant Mickey head Rice Krispy treats?

Magic Feather

Confectionary will now be hosted by Mars Candy. This seems to be an ongoing partnership started with the Halloween candy at not so scary. Previously the confectionary was hosted by Smuckers (along with Yankee trader, frontierland mercantile, and Garden Grill) though Im not sure when that deal ended.
The smuckers deal ended shortly before Yankee Trader closed to make way for Memento.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Confectionary will now be hosted by Mars Candy. This seems to be an ongoing partnership started with the Halloween candy at not so scary. Previously the confectionary was hosted by Smuckers (along with Yankee trader, frontierland mercantile, and Garden Grill) though Im not sure when that deal ended.
Makes sense with the new M&M store in DS.

DisneyDreamerxyz

really curious what this will look like, have they taken down the signs for the Chapeau outside the building yet ? Remember how the Chapeau had the little window the ramp where you pick up the hats after they're embroidered. I'm wondering if they ripped all that out.

castlecake2.0

really curious what this will look like, have they taken down the signs for the Chapeau outside the building yet ? Remember how the Chapeau had the little window the ramp where you pick up the hats after they're embroidered. I'm wondering if they ripped all that out.
Was it said chapeau wasn’t returning here?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm really a terrible fan.
I can't even remember what it looked like before. 😂 Same with MouseGear.

But...I can probably describe Animal Kingdom in detail just from memory...
Main-Street-Confectionary_Full_41301.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom