News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

ToTBellHop

So yesterday the other site shared a photo looking into the show kitchen, at the chocolate machines in there. These were from Savage Brod, so the machines had their logo on the front which is accompanied by an image of an indigenous.

So anyway, that site pointed out that it seems odd amongst all the inclusivity… and well… today that logo is covered up.
Chapek immediately sprung into action like
1634224690607.gif

JoeCamel

So yesterday the other site shared a photo looking into the show kitchen, at the chocolate machines in there. These were from Savage Brod, so the machines had their logo on the front which is accompanied by an image of an indigenous.

So anyway, that site pointed out that it seems odd amongst all the inclusivity… and well… today that logo is covered up.
Wow, so twitter wins......

Disney Analyst

It really was an oversight that needed fixing. The company itself has already been in the process of rebranding.

A major oversight… the sad thing for me is the people on the FB post from the other site lamenting cancel culture / wokeness.

Sorry folks, caricatures of people used for companies logos, specifically by companies not run by the group or persons depicted on the logos, don’t pass the sniff test and need to go.

castlecake2.0

I want to know who saw the post and sprang into action so quick? Local leadership? Someone higher up? They obviously read the sites, just never saw something actioned so fast.

Sir_Cliff

New Christmas store at Disneyland shows someone (Kim Irvine) still gets “it”.View attachment 594914
I know I keep saying this in multiple threads, but Disney has really been so all over the place recently in terms of quality.

From one project to the next it can go from more or less classic Disney quality to something which suggests they've forgotten all the principles on which they built their reputation.

Last edited:

note2001

It really was an oversight that needed fixing. The company itself has already been in the process of rebranding.
A major oversight… the sad thing for me is the people on the FB post from the other site lamenting cancel culture / wokeness.

Sorry folks, caricatures of people used for companies logos, specifically by companies not run by the group or persons depicted on the logos, don’t pass the sniff test and need to go.
Disney has been working very hard to get rid of offensive, harmful images and connections ever since the Spring of 2020. They've done a decent job of it too despite a small number of people attempting to demand that the things removed be restored.

This action was taken across the board, across all divisions including consumables, marketing and social media. They're still settling into a new normal, takes time.

Dear Prudence

Laughs in Native American

mf1972

having finally seeing it in person, i’m not that impressed with the new look. the 1 thing that disappointed me the most was i didn’t see the large mickey head rice krispy treats anywhere, of the balls of krispy treats either plain or partially dipped in chocolate. i can only guess they stopped making them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
having finally seeing it in person, i’m not that impressed with the new look. the 1 thing that disappointed me the most was i didn’t see the large mickey head rice krispy treats anywhere, of the balls of krispy treats either plain or partially dipped in chocolate. i can only guess they stopped making them.
Was there 2 days ago. Walked in for a cookie around 1130 am. They didn't have any. They werent sold out, just didn't have any. We wanted a cookie, not a Reservation for Space 220. Smh

UNCgolf

They haven't figured out how to put M&Ms or Snickers in them yet without the chocolate melting.

eddie104

I know I keep saying this in multiple threads, but Disney has really been so all over the place recently in terms of quality.

From one project to the next it can go from more or less classic Disney quality to something which suggests they've forgotten all the principles on which they built their reputation.
I definitely noticed some projects are more “thoughtfully” constructed or put together depending on the location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom