Resort food courts - mobile pick up only or is anyone allowed to sit at tables?

CinderAbby

Original Poster
I'm not planning on going to Disney for a few more months but I was wondering about the resort food courts. I had a friend that went to Disney a few months ago and she said every single restaurant, including food courts, were strictly mobile ordering only. If you didn't mobile order, you weren't allowed in and you had to go hungry. I don't believe Disney would do that to people especially since not everyone has the technology to mobile order but there are times it's much easier to drop the subject than point out how stupid something she said is. So it's now March. I know Disney is encouraging mobile ordering but once you get that order at the resort food courts, are there any tables open or do you have to take it and go back to your room?

Tinkerfan4ever

When we were there in August, we had just gotten off the plane and our phones were near dead. We plugged them in and left them in our Wilderness Villas room and went to Roaring Fork to get something to eat. Of course we get there and it is mobile order. I explained our phones were charging in the room. The CM gave me a menu and had us stand outside the restaurant while we decided what we wanted. Then we could go in and order. We were also able to eat at the tables, but several were marked "reserved for social distancing".

carriebeth

At carribean beach there was an ordering desk area for people who couldn’t mobile order themselves. A cast member would do it for you. Everyone had to wait till the order was ready no matter how you ordered and once your food was ready a cast member would direct you which window to pick up and at that point you could go sit at a table. Not before. At AK Mara you could just walk in but they were only open a couple hours at breakfast time and had grab and go items not hot cooked items and most of the time I never saw another person in there when I popped in for drinks. At Sanaa which is a quick service type dining in the morning put table afterwards they didn’t have a mobile order option for breakfast since most of the day reservations are required I guess. You gave an order to a cast member and sat down and your tray was brought out to you

tpac24

Back in July we spent 2 nights at Pop before our DVC reservation and no we were not allowed to sit with out food. It was literally the second week they were open so it was a slight mad house of confused cast members and guest.

I can only speak for the Contempo Cafe. As of last month You can still sit once you get your food. Also, in December my app was not loading correctly so I was able to order and pay at the register.

CinderAbby

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your replies. Knowing we can eat at the food court is a help in planning and so is knowing there is the possibility of an "ordering desk" should my device choose to act up like it did the last time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom