Pool Usage

How often do you use the hotel pool during your stay?

• Total voters

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A discussion on another thread prompted me to create this poll. I am interested in how much people use the hotel pool (not including water parks) during their trips. Personally pools don't interest me much and I can only remember using a pool once during all my trips to Disney.

Weather_Lady

Our whole family loves to swim and pools are novelty as we don't have a pool at home (nor do many of our neighbors here in upstate/western New York, where there are only 3-4 months a year when it's warm enough to use one).

In a week-long vacation, we'll swim at least 3 or 4 times, either during long afternoon breaks or even late at night, and will often spend time both in the hotel's "feature pool," as well as in the nearest "quiet pool," if one is offered. True confession: on balance, we tend to prefer the hotel pools at Universal to those at WDW, so if we're staying at Universal we swim even more often than that.

dmw

In the Parks
No
We might get in the pool once or twice per trip, if a one week stay. My wife and I are usually the only ones on a trip, and we rarely use the pool. But, when we have visited with family we have used the pools. And, I actually did some "laps" (swam across at the widest point) at POFQ in our Jan 2019 trip. It was great to have the pool all to myself.

jaklgreen

On my solo trips, I will hang out at the pool while my laundry is being done. Rarely do I get into the water unless I go with my daughters and they want to swim.

JIMINYCR

I never was a strong swimmer so I've never enjoyed spending a lot of time in pools. When we are at Disney, DS who lovers the water and is a very strong swimmer goes often. I will take a swim with him once in a trip. I'd rather spend my time in the hot tub relaxing after a long day in the parks. ;)

UNCgolf

Pretty sure I've never been in any Disney pool even once. I don't care much about pools anyways, but I can also go to one anywhere. I'd rather spend my time doing something actually unique to WDW while I'm there.

I would maybe go to Stormalong Bay if I was at the YC/BC since it's different, but that's about it.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Only times I'm really into Hotel pools are when I'm staying at: YC/BC, Hilton/Wyndham Bonnet Creek, or off Property at Hilton Orlando (Their lazy river is phenomenal). Those stays I'm planning pool time. The rest, I find myself using the pool occasionally.

GimpYancIent

A discussion on another thread prompted me to create this poll. I am interested in how much people use the hotel pool (not including water parks) during their trips. Personally pools don't interest me much and I can only remember using a pool once during all my trips to Disney.
My grandchildren get a kick out of the old geezer jumping in with them even if only once during a trip.

eliza61nyc

Every single day. We generally go either August or September. either month means it's Africa hot in Orlando. next our home resort is BCV's so it's got a really cool pool and lastly my kids have always loved the pool. Generally we go to the first park early in the day, come back chill at the pool and then hit the second park for dinner and playing afterward.

we've even done another pool time late at night.

aliceismad

Going to the pool was always a highlight of any vacation for me as a child. Now with my own child I find pool time to be a fun but relaxing respite from crowded park days. It's nice to just have fun with no schedule and no agenda, plus it's a good break for the mid-day hot. On our May 2019 trip, we visited the POFQ pool twice and the Bay Lake pool twice. We prefer Disney hotels that have a splash pad. It's also a nice thing to do on our traveling days if we don't want to pay to only spend a few hours in a park. Since we travel by plane, a good splash is a great "welcome to vacation" without the crowd factor.

We also often do beach resort vacations, and the pool/water play area is high on our list of wants in a resort, so it's just something we look for everywhere.

Last edited:

ppet

I use them on most trips, especially during the warm months which for Florida is at least 11 of them. Nothing better than to hit the parks early then come back to resort to relax at pool in the afternoon, afterwards back to the parks till closing. I normally don't use the main pools much, I like the quiet pools better.

belledream

Maybe once or twice at night before they closed before kids. With our son, we went almost every day. Like, let’s leave the park now so we can hit the splash pad. A completely different experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom