Need a place

tpac24

Original Poster
Suggestions on a place to eat our first day. We won't be going to a park that day. I am only getting a few options when I try to book. Thanks

Weather_Lady

Welcome!

Where are you staying? There are a number of good TS (table service restaurants) at the resorts, although many are shuttered at the moment. Disney Springs is a great option as well with restaurants of every kind and flavor, and all kinds of stores to browse. My family's favorite restaurant there is Raglan Road, an Irish pub-style restaurant with live step-dancing entertainment in the evenings, but there are many good choices.

(And if you're having trouble booking, check to make sure you're within the [new-for-the-Coronavirus-era] 60-day window for dining reservations. If the website and/or app are glitching for you -- and they've been doing that a lot lately, showing no availability when there is -- call the dining reservation phone number instead.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
My suggestion would depend on what you like to eat and more importantly don't like to eat, allergies? Mostly for food or atmosphere? Kids in the group? Where you are staying

tpac24

Original Poster
We are staying at the Yacht Club. It is Easter weekend so I am wondering if it is just all booked up. Very few Disney springs restaurants are showing up. Is Planet Hollywood part of the Disney reservations system? 2 adults and a 13 year old.

Weather_Lady

We are staying at the Yacht Club. It is Easter weekend so I am wondering if it is just all booked up. Very few Disney springs restaurants are showing up. Is Planet Hollywood part of the Disney reservations system? 2 adults and a 13 year old.

FWIW, many of the Disney Springs restaurants are independently owned and have their own websites. They maintain an inventory for booking through Disney dining, but also have their own separate inventory. In other words, if you can find an independent (not on the Disney website) web page for a Disney Springs restaurant you want, you may be able to make reservations through their website even if the Disney page for the restaurant says there's no availability. In any event, at the moment the Disney website is so glitchy, I'd call the dining line (407-939-3463) to double-check whatever your search results are telling you, and find out if what you want is "really" booked.

Here are some examples of external websites for Disney Springs restaurants:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Personally, we don't like planning dining reservations on our travel day. By the time you get to your room after airports and buses and check-in, sometimes you just want to collapse or grab something quick and get to bed early. The Polite Pig has been our favorite fast-casual place at Disney Springs for the last few years.

JIMINYCR

When weve arrived and its later in the day, not wanting to waste a day ticket in a park weve headed to DS. Theres enough going on that can entertain you and you have many options for a quick bite, a snack, or TS depending on how hungry you are. Theres a huge variety of menu types depending on what you prefer. We also enjoy walking through the shops to get a look at what new merchandise is out or things we may want to pick up later in our trip.

nickys

Premium Member
Since you’re staying at the Yacht Club, check out what’s open at the Swan & Dolphin too. There’s also the Pizza Window over at the Boardwalk.

There’s also the option of ordering take out from offsite and meeting the delivery driver outside the lobby.

Figgy1

Premium Member
You could check for DS restaurants on Open Table as well. Also, check Open Table for any restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin.

Planet Hollywood is a chain and not that great. I would try for something else. Raglan Road is fun, but it may be booked.
I would check open table and the Disney app once you know what time you can get there to see what's open. The swalphin should have something you'll like

tpac24

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great ideas. I think we are just going to hang out at Disney Springs and sample a ton of different CS restaurants, food trucks and bakeries. Our flight gets in mid morning so that should give us a plenty of time there. Does anyone know off hand if the NBA experience at Springs has reopened?

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for all the great ideas. I think we are just going to hang out at Disney Springs and sample a ton of different CS restaurants, food trucks and bakeries. Our flight gets in mid morning so that should give us a plenty of time there. Does anyone know off hand if the NBA experience at Springs has reopened?
NBA Experience has not re-opened yet.

Chi84

Premium Member
This is another plug for OpenTable to book most Disney Springs restaurants. It’s a free service and you can cancel without penalty, unlike booking through MDE. Also, there is usually much more availability on OpenTable than MDE. There may be a few DS restaurants that don’t participate in OpenTable, but most do. If you have a choice, there’s no reason to use MDE over OpenTable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom