ESPN Club Done For Good?

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
I have absolutely no way of validating this so please take as a rumor but I’ve been told the interior of ESPN club is already gutted and the building will be coming down? Just curious if anybody has heard something similar? Wasn’t a huge fan of the food but it was neat to be in there when they were broadcasting. It also added some life to that end of the boardwalk.

bcoachable

No dog in the ESPN hunt, but interesting Story about the Place:
Steve Harvey hosted one of his morning radio shows in there once... a few of us had the opportunity to watch - packed house actually. I asked him during a commercial break how he got his big break in comedy, and the answer had many of us emotional! He’s a pretty interesting and deep guy... Cool memory in there.
Steve Harvey’s Story He told us that day

castlecake2.0

Haven’t seen any activity there to suggest remodelling/demolition, and most of the time that place was pretty popular and full at night. I’d be surprised if this were true.

LSLS

Maybe coming down is referencing the things on the building? It was one of my favorite places 15 or 20 years ago. But the prices have skyrocketed and the food has gotten much worse. I've also never had worse service anywhere else in disney than here. Haven't been back in 4 or 5 years when I had my worst experience.

All that said, they need a sports bar on property so I'd be surprised if this is true.

Lilofan

ESPN at Boardwalk years ago had an odd menu item called a PB&J burger. It was peanut butter, jelly, jalapenos , swiss cheese, meat patty, onions on a toasted bun. I did not try it.

ryguy

There is a definite need for this type of restaurant on property. The problem with the Boardwalk is the parking situation. If you coming from somewhere else the parking is dicey at best. Just kinda a pain to get too. Truthfully I would love to see a quick service food location similar to Riverside or Art of Animation go in that space and it could service Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach as the quick service location. The lack of a quality QS location has always been a problem at these resorts.

JoeCamel

There is a definite need for this type of restaurant on property. The problem with the Boardwalk is the parking situation. If you coming from somewhere else the parking is dicey at best. Just kinda a pain to get too. Truthfully I would love to see a quick service food location similar to Riverside or Art of Animation go in that space and it could service Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach as the quick service location. The lack of a quality QS location has always been a problem at these resorts.
With attached margarita bar....

bcoachable

That would be cool

castlecake2.0

Side topic, but does Atlantic Dance Hall have a kitchen? I feel with their upstairs patio it could be marketed as firework viewing.

I like the idea above too about a QSR is needed for this resort area, I’d hate to lose ESPN but I’d give it up for that.

mine more thing, with ample hills gone, that’s a big stretch of real estate now available if they did want to repurpose this end of the boardwalk.

Marden

Would love to see them build on the feel of Enzo's Hideaway, with less of the Italian restaurant and more of the speakeasy theme.

Or maybe it's just time for me to binge watch Boardwalk Empire again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom