Animal kingdom kidani village or Caribbean beach

Jakjak

Original Poster
Hi there! Getting ready for a trip to Disney in early April. I need a little advice or input into my resort choice. I can stay at Caribbean beach resort in the pirate themed room or animal kingdom kidani villas in a deluxe studio standard view room. I feel both have their pros and cons. For instance Caribbean beach has the skiliner but the pirate rooms have double beds and are a far walk to everything. At animal kingdom transportation is only via bus and there is definitely less food options. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Club Cooloholic

Hi there! Getting ready for a trip to Disney in early April. I need a little advice or input into my resort choice. I can stay at Caribbean beach resort in the pirate themed room or animal kingdom kidani villas in a deluxe studio standard view room. I feel both have their pros and cons. For instance Caribbean beach has the skiliner but the pirate rooms have double beds and are a far walk to everything. At animal kingdom transportation is only via bus and there is definitely less food options. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
Honestly, with Magic Express being cut, I would rent a car at the airport of possible. Kidani is great, you are, in some cases parking your car under your room! Really helpful, the McDonalds down the street is a lifesaver for those days the kids just want it on the way back to the room.
The hotel and pool are excellent as well

Buck Wheelie

I'm not a big fan of AKL so I would stay at CB. Its closer to everything and you can take the Skyliner to two parks and Boardwalk.

NelleBelle

If renting a car and staying at CBR, you have the added expense of the lovely parking fee 😡 At least at AKL Kidnani you don't have the parking fee. I'd drive to all the parks with the exception of MK.

LittleMerman

AKL is the more fun resort imo. There's a lot to do there and the dining is awesome. It's a lot prettier and it's deluxe vs. a moderate.

nickys

Premium Member
AKL is the more fun resort imo. There's a lot to do there and the dining is awesome. It's a lot prettier and it's deluxe vs. a moderate.
Just to counter that a little, the only things to do there now is animal watching and the usual games by the pool type stuff. All the unique activities that take place across the whole day in normal times, like crafts, kitchen tours, art tours, drumming, night vision goggles, Savannah drives and cultural talks are all gone.There is a community hall at Kidani though, and you would have two pools to use. Limited dining though, unless the Mara starts opening for dinner which was rumoured to be happening around Spring Break.

LittleMerman

Just to counter that a little, the only things to do there now is animal watching and the usual games by the pool type stuff. All the unique activities that take place across the whole day in normal times, like crafts, kitchen tours, art tours, drumming, night vision goggles, Savannah drives and cultural talks are all gone.There is a community hall at Kidani though, and you would have two pools to use. Limited dining though, unless the Mara starts opening for dinner which was rumoured to be happening around Spring Break.
This is true but I was really considering the animals as "a lot to do" haha. Walking around to the different savannas, potentially watching them outside your room, and watching them at Sanaa with food and/or drinks provides a lot of entertainment that none of the other resorts offer.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve stayed at both Carribean Beach and AKL and would certainly pick AKL If I wanted to spend any time relaxing at the resort. If I was going to pick a hotel just for the skyliner convenience I wouldn’t pay extra for Carribean Beach, I would stay at Pop or Art.

AKL and Wilderness Lodge are my favorite resorts though and Carribean Beach is my least favorite because of how spread out it is (although at least they moved the Check in to a more central location!).

aliceismad

April of 2021? If you're talking about this April, I would check on the food options that are open at each resort before booking. My understanding is that there are limited options at AKL because the non-DVC portion is closed. (ETA: I would also check the menus of the resort restaurants if you intend to eat there. Some people dislike the offerings at Sanaa, Jiko, and Boma. Sanaa is one of the best meals I've had at WDW though.)

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best hotel at WDW, in my opinion. Great atmosphere, nice rooms, good food, and animal watching is so fun. Yes, it's a little farther from the parks, and you have to rely on a bus, which can be a bummer, but I would stay there every trip if my husband let me. Also my kid loves the bus. YMMV. Keep in mind that some people complain that the walk at Kidani can be long if you get a room toward the end of the hallway.

I don't mind how spread out Caribbean Beach is, but I wouldn't stay in the pirate rooms. DH is 6-4 and double beds are a no-go. If Epcot and DHS are the primary parks you want to visit, Skyliner should make it easier to get there. I haven't been since it's been open, so I can't speak to that.

Last edited:

aliceismad

Totally. Domestic resorts, ranked:

1. Aulani
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. Grand Californian
4. Everything Else
I've not been to Aulani, and I've only had the pleasure of visiting the Grand Californian, but it is a stunning hotel. There are other resorts at WDW that I enjoy, but AKL pulls on the heartstrings. It's just so beautiful and unique.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've not been to Aulani, and I've only had the pleasure of visiting the Grand Californian, but it is a stunning hotel. There are other resorts at WDW that I enjoy, but AKL pulls on the heartstrings. It's just so beautiful and unique.
Aulani is truly incredible if you ever get the chance. It's the best things about Animal Kingdom Lodge mixed with the best things about the Polynesian, plopped in an authentic setting in the Pacific Ocean.

Weather_Lady

We've stayed at both and loved both.

I'd say if you're going to be spending time meandering around the resort, go with AKL. It's absolutely gorgeous (both Kidani and Jambo, with an easy walk between) and the dining options (more of which will hopefully be available to you by the time you go) are wonderful. Our only gripe when we were there was having to rely on the buses, but the service was still regular. Note that if you're staying at Kidani and relying on bus transportation, Kidani and Jambo share buses, but Kidani gets honors: it's always the first stop coming and going.

If you'd rather have two parks and some other resorts within easy commuting distance via the Skyliner, albeit with a smaller room and more walking (due to the sprawling resort layout), then CBR is a better choice. CBR arguably has its own issues with bus transportation due to the large number of bus stops, although when we stayed there last, we found that the buses came so frequently, and the stops were so close together, that we didn't feel like it was a big deal.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
It depends on how you are going to spend your time on vacation. My last trip was at AKL - Kidani Village. We loved it but found ourselves spending more time outside of the resort. If you think you're going to spend a lot of time the resort, like pool-time, exploring then AKL would be a good fit. There is a lot to explore and it can keep you busy. The biggest downside is that it's a little far from everything.

At Caribbean Beach, you have a lot of flexibility to save time when visiting other locations. You can hop on the Skyliner and go to the Boardwalks if you want as well as easy access to HS and Epcot.

Jakjak

Original Poster
I think I have decided to stay at Kidani Village, seeing that the two parks I would go to the least are HS and Epcot. I will just pack some food for the evening time seeing that a lot of resorts are lacking in the food availability area. I was able to obtain a reservation for a deluxe studio standard view. I really would like a studio with a savanna view but haven’t seen one available everyday when I check. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will pop up. Thanks for all the great tips, I’d liked to hear more if you have them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom