Help me plan the dining for my neice

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
My 18 year old niece will be coming with my family to the Poly in September. This is her first time in Disney and is super excited (like many families, it's not in the budget for my brother and sister in law). I'm trying to plan out out dining with her since my family has been a dozen times at least.
We're going to MK, Epcot, AK and Disney Springs. I told her to look through places to eat (nothing is off the table) and give me her list. I think it overwhelmed her a bit because she said the only places that are really jumping out to her are the Boathouse in DS and San Angel in the Mexican Pavillion. We've been to both and loved them.
The other two restaurants I would like to be "Disney Experience ' types. I was thinking BoG in MK and Ohana in the Poly (if open). What do the rest of you think?

JIMINYCR

Disney Experience may not always equal quality food. If you go BOG, weve enjoyed the West Wing better for atmosphere. Its a smaller room, darker theme with lightning, better attention by your server, and the rose is there and the changing portrait. You can request the specific room you want, it may be a bit more of a wait for a table, but its worth it.
Although you didnt mention dining at DHS, since shes never been and you want something that is different you could consider Sci-Fi dining for the unique drive in theming with movie clips playing during the meal. 50s Prime time can be fun depending on the server you get. Weve had some great ones that have played the vocal server role marvelously and others kind of meh.
At EP If she would like german type foods, the Biergarten has the wonderful band playing which is fun. The Coral Reef has the aquarium tanks around the tables.
At DS weve enjoyed Raglan Road, the Edison and although more for kids, T Rex for the dinos and animal sounds.
But Cinderella Castle dining, if you can get it, and although having meh quality food at times cant be beat for dining inside the themed castle for The Disney Experience. it may be a very memorable spot to take her.

ilovelabs2021

Character meals: We love CRT, but my good friend who went to Disney recently said the experience is VERY modified bc of COVID. It’s just Cinderella waving from one location and you can’t even see her well from some tables. She thought it was too pricey a meal for the character experience offered. She also went to Chef Mickey’s, Garden Grill, and Topolino’s Terrace; she said the character experiences there were great even with modifications.

Non-character meals: We love Via Napoli and San Angel!

slipperalwaysfits

VIA Napoli is a really fun break from the park hustle and bustle. It's also great food for a teen, assuming she likes pizza. :geek:
I'd recommend Via Napoli and definitely BOG, just for such a special treat to dine in a castle!!

Maybe get a table service at Sanna just so she can have the bread and watch the animals?? That would be another special "Disney magic moment," I'd think. At least, I view it that way.😍

I hope it's a magical time for you both!

jaklgreen

Sounds like she is just unsure about making a commitment. It is hard for some, especially young people who have no reference, to know what they will like by just looking at a menu. As you get older and try more foods, it is easier to know what you like. You did not mention any food allergies or anything like that, so if she can eat anything, then go with the family favorites. Disney is pretty good about having a variety of foods. Not to mention that most of the food there is pretty boring that most people can handle it. My kid's favorites growing up(and still now) are Teppan and Biergarten.

danyoung56

For atmosphere, I can't think of anything more appropriate than the Coral Reef. It doesn't have a terrific rep for food, but I've always enjoyed my meals there. And the view into the 6 million gallon aquarium is just amazing!

HouCuseChickie

I always think a meal with a view is a nice touch to a Disney trip and many of them come with better odds for decent food as well. California Grill and Topolino's are the first two coming to mind, but the view could also be something like animals if you were to head to Sanaa.

tpoly88

VIA Napoli is a really fun break from the park hustle and bustle. It's also great food for a teen, assuming she likes pizza. :geek:
I'd recommend Via Napoli and definitely BOG, just for such a special treat to dine in a castle!!

Maybe get a table service at Sanna just so she can have the bread and watch the animals?? That would be another special "Disney magic moment," I'd think. At least, I view it that way.😍

I hope it's a magical time for you both!
your spot on as i was going to mention these. another place our 18 niece likes is the California grill as she loves sushi (me not so much) but without the fireworks it takes it down just a notch but still fun and good energy, we were just there. Boathouse was mentioned and that is fun and we were just at Epcot a couple weeks ago with our friends and their 19 yr old girls, they loved the biergarden. Narcosses is another that has good food and i like their wine flights (for the adults).

Sirwalterraleigh

One character meal at most unless she’s a Disney nut.

That should be tailored to her wishes. If she has none...I’d suggest garden grill or crystal palace.

Other park restaurants I’d suggest would be San angel (which you said)...it’s mexican but pretty good and the scenery is worth it, tuttu Italia, or perhaps coral reef (that’s all about the scenery...food is iffy) in Epcot

Tiffins is pretty good in AK...tusker house is good if and when they have characters back. It’s similar to boma which is great in the lodge.

MK is tough. Hard no to Cinderella’s and BOG...the other don’t offer much beyond breakfast.

I recommend kona, Jiko, Sanaa, any of the grand Floridian places are fine...the new Coronado place is supposed to be good...so is the new place ontop of the Caribbean DVC.

Springs I always recommend pucks...Jaleo was great but different...homecoming is really good. Boathouse is good. I like Maria and Enzos. Not so much Edison. Not so much frontera cucina.

Good luck and hope she enjoys it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom