SSR again or OKW?

swanvt2

Original Poster
Last two years we have stayed at SSR and have enjoyed the Paddock pool and walk to DS for dinner. However, our DD wants a "real bed" this time. We are planning for Feb. 2022. I know SSR has the new murphy bed, which looks more comfortable, but OKW has larger rooms. We also like Olivia's. So, should we try something new or stick with what we know? Thanks!

Club Cooloholic

Last two years we have stayed at SSR and have enjoyed the Paddock pool and walk to DS for dinner. However, our DD wants a "real bed" this time. We are planning for Feb. 2022. I know SSR has the new murphy bed, which looks more comfortable, but OKW has larger rooms. We also like Olivia's. So, should we try something new or stick with what we know? Thanks!
They renovated rooms at SSR, so it's now a wall murphy bed(in 1 beds and studios) instead of a fold out couch. They look pretty cool, but you should book a preferred as not all the room work is done at the resort and only the preferred sections have completely finished it.

nickys

Premium Member
They renovated rooms at SSR, so it's now a wall murphy bed(in 1 beds and studios) instead of a fold out couch. They look pretty cool, but you should book a preferred as not all the room work is done at the resort and only the preferred sections have completely finished it.
All the permits expire in the Summer and they seem to be slightly ahead of schedule. The trip is for 2022, thee would have to be a complete shut down again for the work not to be completed by then.

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
If that's the case either resort will be sufficient. I will give the slight edge to OKW because their studios have two beds versus a couch pull out (but by the time your trip occurs that won't be an issue) and the overall vibe is better.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
(Unpopular opinion) I like the looks of the renovated SSR rooms though.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

NelleBelle

I'm probably odd-man out, I like SSR, even before they did the renovations to the rooms (now I really like them)! But I think it would have to depend on where you room was. Our room in the Paddock, right next to the pool. We loved it--we had our own car, but there was a bus stop right across the street if needed. We could walk easily to the main building for breakfast if we wanted, or the feature pool (but our kids loved the pool right next to our room--not crowded and big). The view was peaceful and I would absolutely stay there again with the new renovated rooms.

Grumpy06

Total agreement with NelleBelle,we have been Vaction Club members since 2006 and SSR is our home resort and untill covid we have gone at least twice a year and at least one if not both trips we would stay there,if we go with adults we will stay ussually at Congress but if we bring Grandkids we will stay at Grandstand next to the pool,first bus stop to and from parks and short walk to feature pool and main lobby
also Treehouse,s are a great spot to stay,get a reservation at one near the path to Grandstand,you will be close to pool and boat at treehouses and is only five minute walk grandstand bus

ladydi

Sorry for hikacking this post but we are planning a stay in the one bedroom at OKW in June. Any info on how comfortable (or uncomfortable) the pull out couch is? My teens will be using it. They are currently sleeping in college dorm beds so aren’t coming from a luxury mattress situation!

aamove

We have stayed at both. Loved OKW for the size of the units and SSR for the access to the upper floors by elevator. SSR is our home resort and we like Congress Park. We will be going home again this November for ten days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom