Same price - less hours - no after dark magic

Daily Magic

Original Poster
Anyone else feel a way about the park prices being the same but the hours being reduced? My wife and I are heading back in April and most of the parks won’t even be open past dark. I see the hours have slowly been extended over the past few weeks but I can’t assume that will be the same in April. I just wish I could see Pandora at night and enjoy a few extra hours at Epcot.

fingers crossed they’ll continue extending the hours and maybe even further than they have already. Magic Kingdom after 7pm please!

Ricky Spanish

Unless people stop going, they’ll continue to charge full price.
5AD03FE2-B415-4ED9-8FD1-8ADB32F5526E.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ll be there mid-March, which would traditionally be peak Spring Break time, and the parks aren’t currently scheduled to be open after dusk. But everything is fine, demand is strong.

I'm going in May and hope for the hours to be extended as well. Also hoping for the 30-min early entry before official park opening for resort guests to begin as well. We want to get all the Disney we possibly can for the dollars we are spending. I see the frustration with pricing and limited experience, but we have to realize this is what is keeping Disney's Parks division afloat. They are generating $0 revenue in California and other parks around the world. This is why we see the cut in EMH and DME; they have to cut some of the free services offered to stay afloat and allow people to even come into the parks during this crazy time.

Goofyernmost

Anyone else feel a way about the park prices being the same but the hours being reduced? My wife and I are heading back in April and most of the parks won’t even be open past dark. I see the hours have slowly been extended over the past few weeks but I can’t assume that will be the same in April. I just wish I could see Pandora at night and enjoy a few extra hours at Epcot.

fingers crossed they’ll continue extending the hours and maybe even further than they have already. Magic Kingdom after 7pm please!
That is why I asked for a wake up call when things are all running again. Until then it is not worth the cost to me.

Weather_Lady

This was happening even before COVID. We were at WDW a year ago -- over February break, one of the five busiest weeks of the year -- and the parks stayed open no later than 8pm (HS and AK) or 9pm (MK and Epcot) every night, all for less time than prior years, with no extension to the schedule and no additional extra magic hours to help even things out.

Last edited:

Trackmaster

I find the hour slashing very odd for sure. If they're argument is "we can't let more people in because... well Covid" then what is their argument for slashing hours? They're clearly profiting (excluding fixed, unavoidable costs) by running, wouldn't they make more money with more hours? The parks are crowded too. I would think that if they really cared about Covid, than extra hours (or just a full day of hours) would help them spread crowds out, instead of making sure everybody is in the park for the same 8-9 hours.

castlecake2.0

Eventually it’ll reach a tipping point where the calling back of additional cast needed to extend hours will be financially worth it, but at the moment they must think it’s not. Also extending park hours creates a snowball effect as now that means you’ll also need to extend hours of busses/monorails/watercraft/security/temp screens/skyliner/parking etc. I know some areas have been operating on mandatory overtime so it must be getting close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom