The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

BaymaxFan

What time does everyone plan on arriving at MK on the 1st? They open at 8 so I was thinking 7 but that might not be early enough.

Also, have any plans been released or rumored regarding a ceremony that morning?

wtyy21

What time does everyone plan on arriving at MK on the 1st? They open at 8 so I was thinking 7 but that might not be early enough.

Also, have any plans been released or rumored regarding a ceremony that morning?
They rumored to have a plan to close the Magic Kingdom to the general public due to a media event of WDW 50th anniversary in September 30, similar to Disneyland 50th anniversary Press Event in May 4, 2005.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

Main Street Cinema to receive 50th anniversary overlay featuring the Vault Collection of merchandise​

Here is a novel concept of an idea…. How about they convert this space to….. I dont know…. A CINEMA?!?! Lol.
I know, i know… going back to showing cartoons in this space takes away from Uncle Bobs master plan of Merch, Merch, Merch.

I still remember the cinema as a little boy. I also remember the day I was waiting for MK to open past the hub and going in the Magic Shop on the other side of Main Street. I purchased a fake cast for my arm.

montyz81

Main Street Cinema to receive 50th anniversary overlay featuring the Vault Collection of merchandise​

Wouldn't it be great if they brought back the old-time pictures? The ones where you are standing at the back of a steam train with period-correct cloths. I had one of those pictures taken in 1981. I can't remember where that was. It may have been down Main St a bit more.

JohnD

I was thinking the opposite. Let the bloggers and vloggers wake up at 3am and get there first. I'll still get there in the morning. But was thinking about 9am after the initial rush.

Cesar R M

I was thinking the opposite. Let the bloggers and vloggers wake up at 3am and get there first. I'll still get there in the morning. But was thinking about 9am after the initial rush.
If you see the rest of the video. The line increased exponentially and was probably slowed to a crawl.
Only the front area was consistently being served. I imagine the back ones were for cast members and executives.

JohnD

Okay, so why is it not being used as a symbol and an icon for the park? They seem to like symbolizing abandonment for a theme park and ToT really looks like the odd man out on this..
WDW_AO.jpg

Everytime I see it I think...
bigbird-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others.gif

If I were to guess, TOT is unique to Disney. The Chinese Theatre is not. The real one is in Hollywood, CA.

raymusiccity

The more they put up/on the castle, the more it feels like a bunch of random stuff tacked on and thrown at it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Less can be more, but they appear to be under the mindset of “more is better”.

more generic mannequins....would it have hurt them turn this into a 50th exhibit instead?
It's a shame that they've missed a 'golden' opportunity to make use of the actual theater behind those walls. It would have been neat to go into the theater and see a special film looping opening scenes from 1971 WDW. (Back in the day, it was an actual 'attraction' :
25 cent 'B Ticket' !! )

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Gettin' closer...

I arrive on Property for the 50th festivities in a week.
I will have plenty of fun art postcards to give away to fellow fans attending the fun on October 1st at MK ( meet up location to be announced soon ).
:)

For those planning on arriving early to MK on the 1st-
MK opens at 7:30am for Resort Guests.
That means the first buses should start rolling at 6:30am from the Resorts, am I recalling correctly?

Expect a huge mass of people waiting to enter the gates when you arrive.
Please behave like adults...this is going to be a special day for many and nobody wants to deal with 'stupid guest tricks'.

Also, come prepared -
I've said it before, but it bears repeating :
Bring your own snacks / light food with you as any counter service location /food cart will likely have mile long lines.
All table service locations are booked solid last I was aware, and mobile ordering might be tricky that day.
Just save yourself ( and your tummy ) from the stress and frustration.
You have been warned in advance!
;)

I want to say that there may be a slim chance the gates might open earlier...depending on how the crowds decend in the morning.
This has happened at other times in the past, but don't plan your morning based on that info since I can in no means confirm that.
Just basing the thought on what I've observed and heard of happening at past events / openings.

Like many, I am hoping for some cool surprises to take place that day.
Sure hope some kind of acknowledgment is planned...i would like to think so.

No matter what happens, I can with full confidence say this will indeed be a memorable experience for those that will be there that day.
Both for Cast and Guest.
Wether that turns out to be epicly awesome, somewhat lackluster, or a chaotic cluster will depend on your own personal experiences and opinions.
Looking forward to it all....the good, the bad, the magical, and the ugly.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom