The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Dan Deesnee

Anyone know why they would do what appears to be cloth for these new banners but the ones hanging on the actual castle are plastic?

Just curious on the logistics. I can see weather being part of the problem but then why not do them all in plastic?

trainplane3

In case anyone cares, the Lego castle posted a few days ago will go up for sale for $35 on 10/1. Too bad we didn't get a castle that looked like this.

Really high-res picture of it:
40478_alt1.jpg

Disney Analyst

Anyone know why they would do what appears to be cloth for these new banners but the ones hanging on the actual castle are plastic?

Just curious on the logistics. I can see weather being part of the problem but then why not do them all in plastic?

They do the banners people get right up to in fabric, the plastic is meant to trick the eye and make people think it’s fabric from a distance, but the closer ones are fabric.

They can take them down easily if needed due to wind/hurricane, where as the castle decorations have to be able to stay up.

ChristianG

I might have totally made this up in my head a long time ago but I was under the impression that there are speakers behind those cloth banners on the turrets.

SorcererDonald16

Just check eBay on the morning of October 1, it all will be there. 😳
A ton of it came out today. It’s all over social media.

I‘m wondering if they did it this way to throw off the resellers and thus try and keep crowds more controlled and manageable for CMs than they were when Creations opened. As long as they have plenty of stock, it’s a pretty smart move IMO.

I haven’t seen pictures of anything limited or any artwork/figurines/etc. released yet, so I’m guessing they are holding off on that stuff until the 1st.

note2001

I still like the sparkly led banners from the 25th anniversary better; more magical!

What is it with Disney and that desire to have pink everywhere for their birthday events? Let's make the castle a giant pink cake! Let's put giant pink banners up around the castle... okay, so they're "rose gold", but in pics they're pink.

Us: "I see you're a fan of pink."
Disney: "Salmon. Salmon. Thats obviousthly salmon."

MAF9POH.gif

Last edited:

Heath

More banners lol The Garish Kingdom is like an overstuffed Christmas tree with no greenery left. “Let’s add some more Pepto pink” 🤮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom