The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ImperfectPixie

Who? How did he become part of the 50? If the bar is that low they better get 500 instead. So many bigger characters in Coco should have been included before the dog, but you can't have that many from one franchise with only 50 slots. It seems like a lot of important Disney characters will be missing from the 50.
If they had to use a dog, they should have used Lady & Tramp or even Bolt. Or any of the Dalmatians.

UNCgolf

Who? How did he become part of the 50? If the bar is that low they better get 500 instead. So many bigger characters in Coco should have been included before the dog, but you can't have that many from one franchise with only 50 slots. It seems like a lot of important Disney characters will be missing from the 50.

I'm pretty sure they're intentionally focusing on secondary characters instead of the main stars. They've now done it for Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the Incredibles, and Coco. Mickey and friends are obvious exceptions, but the only other main character they've used is Winnie the Pooh -- and he's so iconic I think it would have been a mistake to not use him. Putting him and Piglet together was perfect, although I wish Tigger was involved too.

Bocabear

So.... B-list character chosen for the golden statues... This anniversary is really shaping up to be a gigantic mehhhhhhh. Why couldn't they have spent that money instead for a proper Coco overlay on the Where's Donald attraction in the Mexico pavilion...it would have actually made so much sense.... Can't wait for the golden feather duster and foot stool representing Beauty and the Beast...

G00fyDad

So.... B-list character chosen for the golden statues... This anniversary is really shaping up to be a gigantic mehhhhhhh. Why couldn't they have spent that money instead for a proper Coco overlay on the Where's Donald attraction in the Mexico pavilion...it would have actually made so much sense.... Can't wait for the golden feather duster and foot stool representing Beauty and the Beast...

I thought they had Cogsworth and Lumiere?

dreday3

disney is allergic to films made before the little mermaid

not timeless, relevant or disney enough

And you consider anything after little mermaid not timeless, relevant or disney enough apparently.

There are communities and families out there where Coco is HUGE in popularity and significance. Dante is a great choice.
I hope Pua from Moana and Pascal from Tangled get one!
:D

Last edited:

tcool123

Coco is extremely popular from where I from and I love the Latine representation that it brings to Disney as it’s one of the few films that really has few stereotypes as characters (if at all) however what does Dante have to do with the parks? Literally makes 0 sense and I wish they wouldn’t have used a slot for hin, and that’s coming from someone who has Coco as their number one Pixar film. Like I legitimately own multiple peices of merchandise that either feature Dante or are only Dante

G00fyDad

I would rather have seen this guy.

Hector
Coco_Hector_render.png

ImperfectPixie

Coco is extremely popular from where I from and Inlove the Latine representation that it brings to Disney as it’s one of the few films that really has few stereotypes as characters (if at all) however what does Dante have to do with the parks? Literally makes 0 sense and I wish they wouldn’t have used a slot for hom, and that’s coming from someone who has Coco as their number one Pixar film.
I would have preferred Miguel. Dante just had such a small role in the film that if they chose him because he's a dog, they could have chosen better.

tcool123

I would have preferred Miguel. Dante just had such a small role in the film that if they chose him because he's a dog, they could have chosen better.
If they were choose to Dante I think his alebrije form would have been a better choice from a design perspective as its more visually interesting than a run of the mill doggy.

Personally if they want to use Pixar characters it should’ve play out as:
- Remy at the France Pavilion as he would celebrate the newest iteration of the park and the newest attraction, plus hes the face of the lucrative Food and Wine Festival
- Nemo, Dory or Crush at The Livining Seas as they represents Epcot in the 2000s
- Forky at Toy Story Land as it’s a representation of modern Hollywood Studios and follows the trend of using sidekicks as statues.
- Flik at Discovery Island to tie into it’s tough to be a bug as it’s one of the few opening day attractions from Animal Kingdom.

Beyond that many of the films don’t have a major presence at the parks to justify their own stature for the celebration of the theme park although an argument oculd be made for Edna Mode due to the Incredibles overlay of Contemporary , and the fact the Contemporary is also celebrating its own 50th.

dreday3

It's funny what we all take from the same film.

I think Dante's role was a big part of Coco. And an important one too. I think Dante was a great choice (obviously :D) precisely because you don't see him represented anywhere in the parks.
A nod to the important role of animal sidekicks!

If they choose a human from Coco, I think it should be Mama Coco.

TikibirdLand

And you consider anything after little mermaid not timeless, relevant or disney enough apparently.

There are communities and families out there where Coco is HUGE in popularity and significance. Dante is a great choice.
I hope Pua from Moana and Pascal from Tangled get one!
:D
Love the choices -- except 1 -- HeiHei or nothing!
57a3853cdb5ce949188b4bad.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom