The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

zann285

I really miss when "Bob Chapek" posted here.
I guess that means that Iger really is giving him more control of the company, what with Chapek having less time to post. Besides, with that fancy new house he recently bought he probably has better things to do with his downtime. Alas, I will miss realbobchapek.

deix15x8

As far as I know we were all held at the train station. 4am or 7am arrivals.

(that parade shoot was one hell of a preplanned effort!)

If that's all they do I'll be happy. I'm booked for Magic Kingdom that day, I want to see some kind of special dedication ceremony and a special gathering of characters unique to the day. If they do perimeter fireworks that'll just be icing on the day.

TTA94

Also remember it’s an 18 month celebration. Not a one day deal. There will be merchandise.

Of course. But some will still want to be there on the official day and for that limited merchandise lol.

Not sure if we should still keep expectations low for October even though things are going back to “normal”? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the biggest issue or set back right now with staffing? If so and if they can get cast back to pre covid levels by October, maybe we could see more entertainment? Otherwise they might hold off on things until after October or 2022. Of course that’s not to say they won’t deliberately hold off entertainment for 2022, especially if they want things to help balance out crowds when Tron opens.

Waters Back Side

As a rare poster who loves reading on this forum, I'm curious to know...I'll be in Disney with my wife and 3 kids Dec 27-Jan3. With the return of fireworks, we have actually never seen Happily Ever After in person. We always ended up leaving before or whatever...do they have Happily Ever After during the holidays typically? I ask because on New Years and the day before they often have Fantasy In The Sky.

TTA94

Darn! I was hoping it wasn't true since I saw nothing glaring on MK's Streams on Fri.

Hopefully it's an easy fix?

A better grade of adhesive!

This one might be a easy fix but if any others fall off they may not be able to reach it as easily. I doubt they will do this but it might be wise Before the Anniversary starts to go in and re attached all of them.

Lol people are saying it looks like it was held up by a Command Strip 🤣.

Last edited:

TTA94

In a photo posted the other day you can see the gem laying on the ground. They didn’t remove it. It just fell off. 😂

It could have just been that particular one that wasn’t attached very well, but if they were all attached in a similar way glue, double sided tape or command strips lol there is a good chance more will fall to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom