The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

castlecake2.0

Any photos of that?
I tried searching but couldn’t find it. They were a purple banner with Mickey, Simba, Lumiere or Genie on them and “25” written on it. I’ll try doing another search when I have time. We stayed at a HOJO on the 192 near Celebration and I remember thinking it was so cool to see the banners because it meant we were staying close to Disney. We used to live in St Pete’s so we would always just do a day trip to MK and go home the same day. This was the first time we came a day before and stayed nearby. Wasn’t until 2000 that we ever stayed on site and saw anything other than the TTC and MK.

TTA94

It's true, I was the truck driver that hauled Paint the Night from the West to the East, it was delivered to DHS and is sitting in a tent bought from Costco. I'm sure @marni1971 can confirm ;)

Same tent Spectro was in before it allegedly hit the dumpsters? Lol.

Id be fine with PTN hitting the dumpster and Spectro coming back!

Last edited:

brb1006

Same tent Spectro was in before it allegedly hit the dumpsters? 🤣
made_myself_sad_futurama.gif

Not funny dude.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I tried searching but couldn’t find it. They were a purple banner with Mickey, Simba, Lumiere or Genie on them and “25” written on it. I’ll try doing another search when I have time. We stayed at a HOJO on the 192 near Celebration and I remember thinking it was so cool to see the banners because it meant we were staying close to Disney. We used to live in St Pete’s so we would always just do a day trip to MK and go home the same day. This was the first time we came a day before and stayed nearby. Wasn’t until 2000 that we ever stayed on site and saw anything other than the TTC and MK.
I can confirm the banners, they were there for months.

TTA94

Has anyone seen or heard anything about Merchandise for the 50th? Hoping to see something soon! Will be there on Oct 1 and want to be prepared.
be prepared the lion king GIF

Nothing has been announced yet.

IMO Disney should consider doing limited time pre orders for their special 50th merchandise. I think this would help tremendously not just for guests but for the merchandise team. They would know what to expect, what shirt sizes guests a actually want, etc. It would help limit the people wanting to camp out overnight to Get the merchandise on 10/1 and then bombardeding the shops causing ridiculously huge lines. People could pick up their orders at any store location they choose, have them delivered, whatever.

Sure people will camp out for other reasons but I think a very large amount of people camp out to get the limited merchandise. Yes a large amount being Ebayers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nothing has been announced yet.

IMO Disney should consider doing limited time pre orders for their special 50th merchandise. I think this would help tremendously not just for guests but for the merchandise team. They would know what to expect, what shirt sizes guests a actually want, etc. It would help limit the people wanting to camp out overnight to Get the merchandise on 10/1 and then bombardeding the shops causing ridiculously huge lines. People could pick up their orders at any store location they choose, have them delivered, whatever.

Sure people will camp out for other reasons but I think a very large amount of people camp out to get the limited merchandise. Yes a large amount being Ebayers.
Or have the stampede in the Emporium like the 40th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom