The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Brian

So Disneyland merely reopens and gets new nametags, while Walt Disney World prepares for its 50th anniversary and gets...?

New nametags for the 50th for all WDW CMs were seen as a long shot even before COVID, for budget reasons. I really can't imagine it happening now.

TTA94

I don't like SDL 5th Anniversary theme song. It's not as memorable or ear worm worthy. Disneyland's 60th Live the Magic is great. I'm pretty sure there will be one for the 50th since it's THE 50th.

I hope Harmonious gets a worthy ear worm original theme song. Not holding out to much hope for the entire soundtrack but we will see. The different languages has me extremely worried. I’m totally expecting to feel like I’m in a overseas Disney park watching a castle show with a mixture of English and non English lol.

ToTBellHop

Seriously considering a trip to DL this summer...

Have to agree. And their more likely to have a nighttime parade during WDWs 50th lol. 😂
I think you’ll be safe. CA’s tourism office mouthpiece has this to say:

Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.

wdwfan22

While we don’t know what or if WDW will get a Ann. Theme song, there are some good ear worm songs out there right now from SDL: “Magical Surprise” and “Light Inside You”. Then from HKDL: “Love The Memory”. I hope WDW doesn’t, continue to, let us down IF they do come up with a theme song. That’s the least they could do IMO, and with all the artists out there I’m sure they could come up with a amazing song.
If we do get a theme song I hope it’s done right. The foreign parks have horrible anniversary theme songs.

TTA94

If we do get a theme song I hope it’s done right. The foreign parks have horrible anniversary theme songs.

I get their theme songs are a bit more pop ish, if that’s the correct wording to describe them. Not everyones cup of tea. The better of all the foreign parks is HKs Love The Memory. Maybe its the clock ticking sounds in it that makes me immediately think of Tapestry 💔.

YodaMan

So Disneyland merely reopens and gets new nametags, while Walt Disney World prepares for its 50th anniversary and gets...?

New nametags for the 50th for all WDW CMs were seen as a long shot even before COVID, for budget reasons. I really can't imagine it happening now.

WDW is almost 100% getting nametags. All working CMs were asked to verify that their hometown is correct and spelled properly from a master list.

JoeCamel

I think you’ll be safe. CA’s tourism office mouthpiece has this to say:

Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.
So DL still only opens to locals.... but low case rates and high vac rates.....

MandaM

They really need to update that. It’s a staple part of our trip.
We love it, too. But I've read in a couple of places that it's now gone completely. I know at one point recently, it was moved to channel 70-something, but reports are that it's not there anymore at all. I'd love to know if anybody has seen it lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom