The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TrainsOfDisney

When the Hocus Pocus show debuted in 2015 Halloween, a professional Bette Midler impersonator played Winifred. She was spot on and incredible as well as the the other two sisters. The understudies after that year were lackluster, maybe just cause I was able to witness the best version of the show.
You just saw a different cast. Nobody is going to do the frozen show as good as Ben and Lisa imho but that doesn’t make the other actors “understudies.”

TTA94

If fireworks are back for regular guests you can bet the parties will be back. I could even see them only having fireworks during parties if cases are still numerous this year (we can limit attendance and make it safe!)

What I meant in my last post was referring to on sale dates. I can imagine once that news gets out it will be a nightmare. Same goes for when any nighttime shows gets announced to return. Opening nights in particular will be gone in seconds. CoughbloggersCough. Lol.

Brenthodge

Wonder about bringing Magic happens over. Disneyland is still housed and even when they open, don’t see parades in the cards for a while. It only ran a few weeks before the shut down, so it’s essentially brand new, and for WDW especially so. Heck, the opening unit even has “ear”idescent colors. With a few minor adds it could be a “brand new” parade celebrating the “magic that’s happened for 50 years”, then if DL needs a parade, swap FOF to them for a while.

Touchdown

Wonder about bringing Magic happens over. Disneyland is still housed and even when they open, don’t see parades in the cards for a while. It only ran a few weeks before the shut down, so it’s essentially brand new, and for WDW especially so. Heck, the opening unit even has “ear”idescent colors. With a few minor adds it could be a “brand new” parade celebrating the “magic that’s happened for 50 years”, then if DL needs a parade, swap FOF to them for a while.
I’m fairly sure DL will be open again by October.

GimpYancIent

Keep FOF and send MH to Cali. Have PTNP at MK also.

TTA94

I wonder if DL will be able to run MH when they reopen? I guess it’s possible they could reopen at the stage where they can immediately allow entertainment. Next question then would be will they still continue to keep PTN dark? And or MSEP?

castlecake2.0

When the Hocus Pocus show debuted in 2015 Halloween, a professional Bette Midler impersonator played Winifred. She was spot on and incredible as well as the the other two sisters. The understudies after that year were lackluster, maybe just cause I was able to witness the best version of the show.
I remember that, she was almost better than bette middler at being bette milder!

Touchdown

I wonder if DL will be able to run MH when they reopen? I guess it’s possible they could reopen at the stage where they can immediately allow entertainment. Next question then would be will they still continue to keep PTN dark? And or MSEP?
Neither was preforming when the park closed, the only night shows were Fantasmic, World of Color and [shudder] Mickey’s Mix Magic.

Crazydisneyfanluke

They could easily bring back a few parades for the 50th. How many are currently in storage? (4 or 5?) I am sure Chevy doesn't mind wrapping a few cars for a motorcade at DHS. There are things they can do with the units they have on hand.

TTA94

They could easily bring back a few parades for the 50th. How many are currently in storage? (4 or 5?) I am sure Chevy doesn't mind wrapping a few cars for a motorcade at DHS. There are things they can do with the units they have on hand.

I’m sure Chevy could wrap a few cars in rgb lights, and there we have a light parade 😂 or they could wrap the MiSi floats in rgb lights. They put lights on Goofys Candy float in OUACT, so it wouldn’t be the first time.

Giss Neric

IF Texas opening up 100% and ending masks mandates will be successful (meaning no significant difference), I'm sure other states will follow and will pressure California to open up finally. I know it's irresponsible and too early but part of me wants it to work .

mm52200

IF Texas opening up 100% and ending masks mandates will be successful (meaning no significant difference), I'm sure other states will follow and will pressure California to open up finally. I know it's irresponsible and too early but part of me wants it to work .
Florida is already open with no state government restrictions and that hasn’t been great soooo

JoeCamel

Problem is they will want to "me too" and not wait and see what the effect is. One guinea pig does not run alone

TTA94

I wonder if they are going to update the property entrance arches even further once the 50th hits? like changing the sign to “The Worlds Most Magical Celebration”?

cheezbat

I know the pandemic has screwed a lot up, but the 50th is probably going to be a big disappointment. New parades, new MK nighttime show, all Fantasyland rides updated, Tron open, Tomorrowland redo competed, Space Mountain updated, and Big Thunder updated should have been the minimum expected to happen Starting October 1st this year. Instead, some things are happening, others aren’t...some things pushed way back...
WDW is the flagship resort for Disney. Magic Kingdom is the worlds busiest theme park. It deserves far more love than it gets....and also what it’s getting.

I guess I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom