The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ToTBellHop

Sirius XM’s Disney channel has a weekly special called Extra Magic Hour and this week’s is strangely called “Disneyland Parks” but is actually all WDW music and actually a pretty good tribute to the 50th. It includes an audio file of “You Are the Magic”. Didn’t realize that was released like “Happily Ever After” was.

ToTBellHop

I've only seen MickeyViews talk about it. How reliable it is up to you, so take it with grain of salt. He did (kinda) break the news that the castle would be repainted some rose gold color, I believe.

I’ve been saying for awhile that they’ll just let it fade. They will briefly have crews on-site to remove the 50th decor but they did not book anything for months as would be required for painting.

drnilescrane

I’ve been saying for awhile that they’ll just let it fade. They will briefly have crews on-site to remove the 50th decor but they did not book anything for months as would be required for painting.
Which happened at DLR post 50th and 60th. It was Pepto-Bismol pink and gold for a long time after the 50th, and sat with visible damage from the 60th decorations until 2019.

At least WDW didn't copy Tokyo with that gaudy brown look from circa 2006.

Drdcm

Speaking of Un-Official mascots….

If the WDW 50th was to have a ‘mascot’ to represent the entire disappointing package, what would it be?

Let’s have some fun here …and get the honest answers \ images!

So…the 50th.

Un-Official mascot….

Figment Popcorn Bucket?
Loud Spirit Jersey?
Bob Chapek’s bald head gleaming in the Florida dawn light?
Horrendous salmon pink painted Castle image?
Starbucks plastic tumbler bloodstained from fist fight in Emporium..?
Toilet paper …? ( not on the Castle, that was that other marketing promotion…cough )

-
1674871017916.png

It’s lazy and asleep at the wheel. It somehow managed to get fat (wallet) despite doing virtually nothing. Also, you can buy one in the Japan pavilion.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
Depending on what WDW has in mind post 50th could we be hearing this in replacement of “The Magic Is Calling”?

Can we just end the Mickey cavalcades after 3/31 since he and his friends have returned to their normal meeting spots at Magic Kingdom, and basically has more showtimes than the Adventure Friends Cavalcade(which only has one showing, even after the Halloween and Xmas parties have long passed for the season), let that be the sole cavalcade moving forward post-50th(even though I don't approve of Raya taking Moana's spot in that cavalcade(they made Moana walk for no reason, even though she's more popular than both Merida or Elena), when she was meant to replace Merida(and NOT Marie), when Raya made a surprise debut in November).

Squishy

Can we just end the Mickey cavalcades after 3/31 since he and his friends have returned to their normal meeting spots at Magic Kingdom, and basically has more showtimes than the Adventure Friends Cavalcade(which only has one showing, even after the Halloween and Xmas parties have long passed for the season), let that be the sole cavalcade moving forward post-50th(even though I don't approve of Raya taking Moana's spot in that cavalcade(they made Moana walk for no reason, even though she's more popular than both Merida or Elena), when she was meant to replace Merida(and NOT Marie), when Raya made a surprise debut in November).
I'd prefer them to move the cavalcades to DHS & restore the full FoF cast

wtyy21

Wondering that once 50th ends, the new Disneyland Esplanade Disney100 music Loops may be come to WDW, giving that majority of the music loops come from WDW theme parks. We'll see "We Go On" music loop being heard at WDW itself (particularly Epcot) not just DL.

MagicHappens1971

Better yet do away with the cavalcades all together and bring back fulll parades to DHS, DAK and two parades for MK. Going back to the good old days won’t happen but we can dream.
Yes. A brand new daytime parade would be great for DHS. Brand new nighttime parade (NOT MSEP, Please die). I’ve never seen DAK with a full parade and don’t really have an opinion on it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom