The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ToTBellHop

Sure but most people would think it’s weird to associate Mother’s Day with the movie primarily known for a mother being shot and killed. What’s next, Old Yeller merch for your pet dog?
They released Doctor Strange for Mother’s Day and it’s about a woman who murders countless people across many dimensions to protect her made-up children.

dreday3

Question - is this still ending at the end of March, 2023? And if so, what does it mean in actuality for April? Will there be a new song during cavalcades or is Magic is Calling sticking around? New costumes (or old) for the characters? Castle stripped of decorations?

Just curious.

castlecake2.0

Question - is this still ending at the end of March, 2023? And if so, what does it mean in actuality for April? Will there be a new song during cavalcades or is Magic is Calling sticking around? New costumes (or old) for the characters? Castle stripped of decorations?

Just curious.
Nothing other than a hunch but I feel like they’ll use Christmas as a distraction to conclude the “celebration” at the end of 2022

mm52200

Just curious.
I don’t think anyone knows quite yet...check back in 10 months

castlecake2.0

I've just never visited right after a "celebration", just wondering if there was a pattern to how things are done with previous celebrations.
I’m trying to remember back to the end of the year of a million dreams thing. I feel like decor came down quite quickly, but it was a little more transitional for the entertainment to switch over. I’d imagine the 50th cavalcade would end immediately, but as for beacons of magic and character costumes maybe a bit longer? These are all just guesses.

Anteater

Ummm ok. What was that? Talk about overhyped!
I don't think I was hoping for much WRT the statues. You gotta look at it from the POV of Bob and Josh. It's a lot cheaper than having a M&G for each of those characters. The stuff they're doing at GE seems to be more interesting. But, they could do something like that here too. Missed opportunity.

Chip Chipperson

I don't think I was hoping for much WRT the statues. You gotta look at it from the POV of Bob and Josh. It's a lot cheaper than having a M&G for each of those characters. The stuff they're doing at GE seems to be more interesting. But, they could do something like that here too. Missed opportunity.

It wouldn't surprise me if they end up doing something similar in MK, maybe after the 50th statues are removed. It's a relatively easy way to replace to old Socerer's game - and the best part (for Chapek) is that instead of Disney giving away the free cards needed to play the game, guests have to purchase an upgraded Magic Band.

JoeCamel

It wouldn't surprise me if they end up doing something similar in MK, maybe after the 50th statues are removed. It's a relatively easy way to replace to old Socerer's game - and the best part (for Chapek) is that instead of Disney giving away the free cards needed to play the game, guests have to purchase an upgraded Magic Band.
They made bank on the game. Sold shirts, cards, books, backpacks and got people to buy party tickets to get the special cards. Have to sell a bunch of bands to people wanting to use them for a scavenger experience hitting triggers to come close to what SotMK brought in. The downfall like many things Disney does was not developing the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom