The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Brian

They'll probably just let the sun bleach out the pink to match the original grey/white. Why pay a crew to paint it when mother nature will do it for free?

correcaminos

Had to add my SIL to a family reunion photo a while ago. Much fun ensued as I annoyed my MIL by placing my SIL's face on random people in the photo. 🤣
That's pretty awesome. I totally creeped a friend out adding them to a Snow White once. I use photoshop for work but it's also a lot of fun to play with.

ToTBellHop

Honestly as someone that was looking forward to the 50th, I've been absolutely underwhelmed by what they did.

The 25th got glasses at McDonalds. I have them still. This should have been a major celebration worldwide.

Covid or not. They blew it.
We’ve devolved as a species but they definitely should have had sippie cups for us all at McDonald’s. If you want to put wine in it, that’s your business.

brb1006

Honestly as someone that was looking forward to the 50th, I've been absolutely underwhelmed by what they did.

The 25th got glasses at McDonalds. I have them still. This should have been a major celebration worldwide.

Covid or not. They blew it.
I currently still use my Mcdonalds "100 Years of Magic" Glass Cup and still in good shape.

Sadly, the Sorcerer Mickey Glass Cup for the Millennium Celebration just broke this year. :(
617FN0fwWTL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Californian Elitist

So they are working hard to make it special? They need an intervention before all the magic is squandered

Bambi’s mother was loving and nurturing to him. I think that’s what’s most important. She was a great mom.

Plenty of people have dead mothers and still honor them on Mother’s Day. I don’t see anything wrong with this.

Touchdown

Off the top of my head let’s think of moms who were good and survived until the end of their movies:

-Sarabi from Lion King
-Eudora from PatF
-The Queen from Tangled

Not exactly a long list nor a list of characters who were as central as Bambi. Pretty sure all three of these characters have less then 20 lines between them.

Anteater

Saw this come across the new headlines this morning. Happy 50th everyone

And yet, the parks are still crowded. Maybe the coming recession will make people come to their senses.

Nah.

TalkingHead

Bambi’s mother was loving and nurturing to him. I think that’s what’s most important. She was a great mom.

Plenty of people have dead mothers and still honor them on Mother’s Day. I don’t see anything wrong with this.
Sure but most people would think it’s weird to associate Mother’s Day with the movie primarily known for a mother being shot and killed. What’s next, Old Yeller merch for your pet dog?

Bartattack

Saw this come across the new headlines this morning. Happy 50th everyone

For me, Disneyland Paris is more unaffordable than WDW at the moment... I live 3 hours from DLP. Last time I went was in 2011. I wanted to wait untill some improvements were made to the parks because the place was falling apart.

I was looking at visiting for the 30th anniversary:
2 adults + 1 kid (11) for 2 nights, 3 days (2 parks): 1300 euros in the value resort hotel Cheyenne + tickets. (no food included)

I just came back from 16 days WDW at Pop Century: 4700 euros for hotel + tickets including 100 dollar gift card and 500 dollar for food.
Ok... we have to add the price of plane tickets (instead of driving to Paris)... but I gladly pay that because I am in Orlando with Sunny weather.
When I tell this to friends, they usually think that going to WDW is pretty affordable in comparison with going 2 weeks on vacation closeby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom