The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ToTBellHop

Special 50th anniversary menu items being pulled…will they be replaced or are we just enjoying banners for the remaining 11 months of this party?
1651688696084.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Didn't they already pull some other 50th anniversary stuff? I feel like that was mentioned here somewhere in the past few days, but I don't remember any specifics.
It's been mentioned that the Holiday Party Nights happening in place of last year's Holiday After Hours is a huge sign that WDW doesn't care if day-guests get to watch "The 50th Anniversary Fireworks."

And it seems they're tamping down negative reactions to DE by leaking that HEA is coming back.

And they didn't have TRON or Cosmic Rewind ready for the 50th.

So... they've pretty much given up on the 50th and just letting it glow away. F&W and the Holidays will certainly eclipse anything excitement guests might have had for this hampered 50th.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
omg. I just found out that Robin Lopez signed up for the Orlando Magic last year. Presumably to go to WDW all the time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
omg. I just found out that Robin Lopez signed up for the Orlando Magic last year. Presumably to go to WDW all the time.

How the heck did they fit into 7DMT?

rreading

It's been mentioned that the Holiday Party Nights happening in place of last year's Holiday After Hours is a huge sign that WDW doesn't care if day-guests get to watch "The 50th Anniversary Fireworks."

And it seems they're tamping down negative reactions to DE by leaking that HEA is coming back.

And they didn't have TRON or Cosmic Rewind ready for the 50th.

So... they've pretty much given up on the 50th and just letting it glow away. F&W and the Holidays will certainly eclipse anything excitement guests might have had for this hampered 50th.
I hadn’t really consciously considered it, but this is about the longest stretch of no WDW since our 3rd COVID trip last summer and I’m still really not missing it. We didn’t see Epcot Forever and aren’t looking forward to Harmonious (and my kids hate the structures in the water). We’re not interested in the 50th fireworks (though we loved Illuminations and Happily Ever After). Not looking forward to Genie +. Not wanting to wind through Epcot’s walls again.

It’s absurd that MK’s 50th anniversary year has been the least desirable WDW year in my adult life. And COVID is not an acceptable excuse (except that it may have expedited Iger’s retirement)

Hopefully they learn to do better.

disneyC97

The best was the suggestion they used to have in the narration when passing through Frontierland that if you listened carefully you might hear members of the Powhatan tribe followed by a blast of "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE WOLF CRY TO THE BLUE CORN MOOOOON..." 🎶
My family still laughs about this…after the first time watching other guests lean in and then jump in their seats! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom