The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

ImperfectPixie

There will be a lot more merchandise coming...this is only two weeks into a 18 month long promotion.
The 50th Merch onslaught is just starting.

P.s. - tomorrow ( Oct 18 ) is the last day to purchase any items related to the WDW 50th McDonald's Happy Meal promotion.

-
Thanks for the heads up - I've saved a few of the toys for some friends who are collecting and have been waiting for it to end before shipping them.

Cmdr_Crimson

There will be a lot more merchandise coming...this is only two weeks into a 18 month long promotion.
The 50th Merch onslaught is just starting.

P.s. - tomorrow ( Oct 18 ) is the last day to purchase any items related to the WDW 50th McDonald's Happy Meal promotion.

-
I've already found a few in some thrift stores...You just have to look carefully for them..

hopemax

I tried twice to get WDW Happy Meal toys. 2 weeks apart. I got Minions and Scooby Doo in WDW boxes, and now we've only eaten at McDonalds twice in a month instead of a couple times a week like usual, because I've been so annoyed. I probably should eat McDonald's less, so I guess the promotion worked, just in an unintended way.

ImperfectPixie

I tried twice to get WDW Happy Meal toys. 2 weeks apart. I got Minions and Scooby Doo in WDW boxes, and now we've only eaten at McDonalds twice in a month instead of a couple times a week like usual, because I've been so annoyed. I probably should eat McDonald's less, so I guess the promotion worked, just in an unintended way.
We only go once a week...and I have to keep reminding the boys that any toy they don't want needs to remain unopened so I can give it to someone who wants it. I've got Bo Peep, Piglet, BB8 and 2 Dales.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Some 50th merch talk - the supply (or lack of supply) is pretty frustrating. Items are nearly impossible to find unless you're in the right spot at the right moment. Other items are apparently not even out yet (there's a great hoodie in the vault collection I looked for, but no luck) which makes tracking things down tough.
Not just a Disney problem, but I suspect a lot of this has to do with global supply chain issues that are really beyond anyone's control...

Cmdr_Crimson

Is it though? I could see a lot of people upset if they got rid of the iconic voice of the monorails for the 50th.. I mean, how could you have a different voice saying "Please Stand Clear of the Doors, Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" for the 50th anniversary?
In all the different iterations they always kept Jack Wagner's safety warning just listen to the start of these for example..

They can always keep the soundbite no matter what is happening..

aladdin2007

Is it though? I could see a lot of people upset if they got rid of the iconic voice of the monorails for the 50th.. I mean, how could you have a different voice saying "Please Stand Clear of the Doors, Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" for the 50th anniversary?
Do they even play that anymore? We heard none of it last week on the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom