The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Dan Deesnee

My family has been trying to put together a somewhat last minute trip for the 50th. We're looking at going in November and currently have a few nights locked up at Bay Lake.

Although November and December availability is slim I'm blown away by how many nights are available at so many different resorts in October. Similarly for our spring trip in April of next year there just seems to be an endless amount of availability at almost every single resort less than 7 months out, which I've never seen in the past.

Having near full months of availability at DVC resorts four, five and six months out has got to be worrying to Disney. As I said I've been a member for a while and I've never seen it that available before.

Magic Feather

Kind of random, but is anyone else worried about “The Magic is Calling” being a bad song? It just feels odd that we really haven’t heard it at all, that’s it’s barely been used in marketing materials, and that the fireworks show being made for the anniversary isn’t using it as the featured song. I can’t really think of why else they’d keep the song effectively hidden, but then again, for all I know maybe we just won’t be able to escape the song for 1.5 years starting October 1.

wtyy21

Kind of random, but is anyone else worried about “The Magic is Calling” being a bad song? It just feels odd that we really haven’t heard it at all, that’s it’s barely been used in marketing materials, and that the fireworks show being made for the anniversary isn’t using it as the featured song. I can’t really think of why else they’d keep the song effectively hidden, but then again, for all I know maybe we just won’t be able to escape the song for 1.5 years starting October 1.
The song is not so memorable as "Remember When" by LeAnn Rhimes (Disneyland 50th anniversary theme song), which were used as exit music for RDCT. Too disappointed not to included "The Magic is Calling" at Enchantment exit music presumably.

brb1006

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but It looks like the most significant of the surprises I had previously referred to is not going to happen now. Not sure I will get any further clarification, so currently I would set expectations low.
0368f38da5068a172f1141ba3ecd6d82.gif

I yearn for the days when WDW used to go all out with their anniversaries. And yes I'm aware COVID played an impact on this.

Last edited:

brb1006

Maybe they're waiting for Friday to reveal the theme song. But yeah, it's odd that Disney hasn't used the 50th Anniversary theme considering previous Disney Park anniversaries released a specific anniversary theme months ago. Such as Tokyo Disneyland 30th Anniversary Theme ("Happiness Is Here") being heard a few months before the resort turns 30, "Forever Young" used in tons of marketing for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration, and "Remember The Magic" being played for WDW's 25th Anniversary.

James Alucobond

I yearn for the days when WDW used to go all out with their anniversaries.
Is this a fair assessment? It’s obvious much more was planned before their ambitions were derailed by factors outside their control. If they decide to scale back on future celebrations then perhaps it indicates a pattern of behavior, but this should quite clearly be treated as anomalous for the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom