Why should we stay on property?

Ricky Spanish

Original Poster
Hi everyone.
I have been going to WDW since 1987 and have stayed on property since 2003. My wife loves staying on property.
We do not do anything at the resorts other than basically sleep and shower.
Last years trip was obviously canceled and rescheduled to June 2021.
I have changed our resort 4 times( ASM, POFQ, CBR, and back to ASM)
Lately, I have been asking myself, ”Why should we stay on property.”
It’s $1000 more for our 10 day stay.
No EMH.
No fast passes.
Parking fees at resort.
When I asked my wife why we should stay at ASM, the only other perk she could come up with was the bus transportation to the parks.
Frankly, I prefer driving my truck to the parks. Most of the time we get there quicker than the buses(MK being the exception) and it’s way more comfortable.
So, why should we stay on property?
My idea is to stay at a Flamingo Crossing Hotel.

DisDadWoz

Based on what the current restrictions are for WDW I would say stay offsite for 2021 trip. As the restrictions change your next trip can be re-evaluated for onsite stay. I think staying at Flamingo Crossing is an easy trip to the world each day so have at it. You will then also have an experience to draw from when playing your next trip.

aliceismad

Given your situation and preferences, you probably shouldn't. There are plenty of nice places to stay offsite, and you have your own transportation to the parks, which you prefer anyway.

I love staying at the Disney hotels because I genuinely enjoy them and spend time exploring them, and I love the bubble. But this is a weird year and certainly perks are limited now.

JIMINYCR

We just enjoy the feel of being on property, it adds immensely to our trip, we enjoy Disney transportation, waking up to a resort breakfast, interacting with the CM's, strolling the property. It works for us, and if we were to stay offsite, the savings wed get wouldnt replace the feel we get from being onsite. You have made good points as to why youd rather stay offsite, they are valid reasons that work for you so no one should try convincing you otherwise. If your wife agrees with you then use the savings and either bank it or use it to plus your vacation. I just know we wouldnt be as happy staying away from a Disney resort, so we never have.

Minnie Mum

Since we drive to WDW, the day they put in parking fees was the day we stopped booking WDW resorts. Now our preferred hotels are 10 minutes away, parking is free, breakfast is included, and even with paying to park at the parks it's still cheaper. Given the way Disney has "deDisneyed" the resort rooms, I really don't miss them.

StarshipDisney

I concur. Disney (I understand due to COVID) has removed any "value" there once was IRT staying on property. If someone wants to pay significantly more just to take a Disney bus and walk around on property, then I wish them well.

Personally, I love the Disney Contemporary resort and would gladly pay the price to stay there. But with the current level of benefits and no fireworks, I'll stay off-site and spend half the money.

Unless things change, I think our next trip we will try a Disney Springs area hotel. I have already checked and we can get a good room for 7 nights with park tickets at about $3K...or well less than half the cost of staying at the Contemporary resort. It is a short walk to Disney Springs.

I am not sure how much we will enjoy the parks now because we walk away from any ride with a 2-hour wait. To us the frustration of waiting hours for a ride is just not worth it. Without FP+ or tours, I doubt we will ever get to ride an attraction such as FOP again. So yes much less cost is very much in order!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Thanks for the replies.
We are switching to an off property resort.
Free breakfast for 4 adults and $1000 savings on the room.
tenor.gif

Buck Wheelie

Normally I would tell you the reason we stay on site is for the transportation. We fly in to MCO, take ME to the resort then take Disney transportation, either bus or boat everywhere. We like that our luggage is shipped right to our room. Then we leave our luggage with resort airline check in when we go home and not have to worry about the airport line. Thanks to Covid and the cuts Disney is making only resort Transportation will be available after 2021. Because of that a lot of people are asking the same question of why should they stay on property.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Are you entitled to stay at Shades of Green? It's on property ay off property prices. The parking fee is$5 but they have dedicated busses to and from the parks and is within walking distance of MK

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Oh you definitely should not. 100% no on that one. If something changes there will be plenty of space to rebook to on site.

ParentsOf4

Because of its location, Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) almost feels like staying on property. It's incredibly close to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

With a bit of careful shopping on eBay, you can get a spacious 2-bedroom suite for less than the cost of a Value Resort room. With 4 adults in your party, this might be perfect for you.

Since we always have an auto, WBC has become our go-to when we stay offsite.

WBC.jpg

Hi everyone.
I have been going to WDW since 1987 and have stayed on property since 2003. My wife loves staying on property.
We do not do anything at the resorts other than basically sleep and shower.
Last years trip was obviously canceled and rescheduled to June 2021.
I have changed our resort 4 times( ASM, POFQ, CBR, and back to ASM)
Lately, I have been asking myself, ”Why should we stay on property.”
It’s $1000 more for our 10 day stay.
No EMH.
No fast passes.
Parking fees at resort.
When I asked my wife why we should stay at ASM, the only other perk she could come up with was the bus transportation to the parks.
Frankly, I prefer driving my truck to the parks. Most of the time we get there quicker than the buses(MK being the exception) and it’s way more comfortable.
So, why should we stay on property?
My idea is to stay at a Flamingo Crossing Hotel.
I've spent most of my 100 plus visits on site. When there was dining plan and other reasons for my staying on property it made sense. However, I'd have to agree with the previous comments. Currently it isn't worth the extra money for a free bus or cable car ride. I'd also consider not going until at least Happily Ever After, or some of the celebration rides were completed. Tron, Gaurdiand, etc. It's alot of coin for a mediocre experience. I for one am not going to visit my favorite in the sad state it's in currently. All I'd do is complain or compare it to how it's supposed to be. Imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom