Ft. Wilderness Campground

jwutony16

Original Poster
I just spent a week at Ft. Wilderness Campground ( rented a cabin) and this will now be my go to resort. This experience was different than any other WDW hotel experience. It was like one giant friendly neighborhood. The grounds are impeccable, the service was amazing, and just the atmosphere reminded me of camping up north. I highly recommend staying there!

onesandzeros

I agree with you! I thought it would be fun to stay there once. I usually book a split reservation and the Cabins

have become one of the choices several times.

tpoly88

i went there for the first time since 1977 (was it fort pioneer back then?) and we vistited a friend who had their RV parked there. was impressed that it was clean and orderly. miss river country and being able to go to discovery island.

montyz81

I just booked a week at Ft W campground. I am bringing my trailer. How are the pools? Are you aloud to use the pool at the Ft W lodge? What are some of the great amenities at this campground?

MMFanCipher

We liked the pool near the Meadows, never been at the other one. Playgrounds are nice and you have the
Chip & Dale sing-a-long and the movie nights.

nickys

Premium Member
I just booked a week at Ft W campground. I am bringing my trailer. How are the pools? Are you aloud to use the pool at the Ft W lodge? What are some of the great amenities at this campground?
Wilderness Lodge is a separate resort. If you’re staying at Fort Wilderness you cannot use the WL pools.

Raxel7851

Wilderness Lodge is a separate resort. If you’re staying at Fort Wilderness you cannot use the WL pools.
That’s not entirely true! As a guest at a Disney World Resort, you can use the pools at the other resorts. We have stayed in FW when the boats were running to the Contemporary and WL and used the pools at those resorts.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That’s not entirely true! As a guest at a Disney World Resort, you can use the pools at the other resorts. We have stayed in FW when the boats were running to the Contemporary and WL and used the pools at those resorts.
Wrong.

ONLY DVC members are allowed to pool hop, ONLY at certain resorts, and ONLY when they're staying at a DVC resort on points.

MMFanCipher

I wish the Fort's pools had fences around them too. In the past non-fort people would come and use the pools. Maybe that
isn't a problem anymore. I guess I'll find out in 86 days.

gbrooks135

Have A question about getting to the fort before the 3pm check in. if I get there before the check in time with my camper will they let park in the magic kingdom parking lot with my camper and have my generator running ( going have a cat and a dog with us )so we can go to the park that day? and then at check in time I will go and get everything set up at the campground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom