Trip Report Quick trip report about a quickly planned trip.

I will try my best to finish this report. I didn’t have much luck with my first attempt at a trip report.

Who: Dory (me), B (my hubby), W (sister in law), D (brother in law)

When: 1/17/21-1/22/21

Why: my hubby has been itching to go back and needed a pick me up since finding out the refinery he works at is shutting down forever at the end of February. In order below : D, W, me, B
IMG_3383.jpg

cgersic

I will try my best to finish this report. I didn’t have much luck with my first attempt at a trip report.

Who: Dory (me), B (my hubby), W (sister in law), D (brother in law)

When: 1/17/21-1/22/21

Why: my hubby has been itching to go back and needed a pick me up since finding out the refinery he works at is shutting down forever at the end of February. In order below : D, W, me, BView attachment 529151
This is such a great picture!!!

Dory71

Original Poster
B was trying to plan a trip the week of January 10 because he knew it was not a payroll week and that would work best for me. He also invited his brother D and sister in law W. A couple of things put a wrench in that week including a coworker of mine being diagnosed with Covid (she had been on vacation and quarantining due to her daughter contracting covid so she had not been at work) Fortunately I would not have to quarantine but I could not be out of the office too. Also D had a big inspection at his work so it wasn’t a good week for him.
The following week is a payroll week but I knew he really needed this getaway. I am able to process payroll remotely so I just needed my coworker to print the 1 paper check and she agreed if I walked her through it so… trip is on. By the time we finally decided it was a go the DVC office had closed and we needed to talk to someone to check availability for 2 rooms. We were going to book 2 studios for the week but there were not 2 studios available for the entire week ( one was shy the first night) I said why don’t we book the 1 room from Sun thru Fri and the other from Mon thru Fri and we can stay in the same room the first night. We had shared a room before and BIL snores – loudly thus the reason we wanted 2 rooms but we could manage 1 night, right???

Dory71

Original Poster
We had plans for dinner Saturday night with them and we live 45 minutes further west so we planned to spend the night at their house and leave early Sunday morning. As usual I did not sleep well the night before we leave for Disney.

Tired Cate Blanchett GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

Dory71

Original Poster
BIL agreed to drive since we were using our points for both rooms. You buy, I fly.

We left around 6am Sunday morning from New Orleans and first stop … Buc-ees in Loxley, AL. We stopped for bathrooms, breakfast and coffee and got back on the road. Next stop would be Busy Bee in Live Oak, FL.
We grabbed snacks and then headed south on I-75.

Dory71

Original Poster
We arrived at Old Key West and checked in to our 1 room for the night and requested the second room be near ours. We unloaded the vehicle and headed to Disney Springs. By this time we are I am hangry so we stopped at my hubby’s favorite spot for dinner, The Polite Pig. The food is good but he loves the whiskey selection more I think. We ordered the slider trio, The Southern Pig pulled pork sandwich, crispy brussel sprouts, grilled street corn. The food was delicious as usual. B had a couple of old fashions. Not sure what the In-laws had but they enjoyed the food and drinks as well.

IMG_0107.jpg

Dory71

Original Poster
We survived our night in the same room. BIL did snore but according to my sister in law not nearly as loud as usual. B said he did not sleep well because of his brother's snoring but I didn't have an issue.

I thought Magic Kingdom might be crowed on Monday since it was a holiday so I planned Animal Kingdom for our first park. We had our vehicle so we drove to the parks instead of using the bus even though it meant extra walking since the trams are not operational currently. First stop was the Joffery’s stand for cinnamon roll, donut and coffee. We stopped for a Photopass session before entering the park.
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom