Are you allowed to share a table service meal?

Bonbondisney

Original Poster
I often see about how big portions are, I know you can order one meal between 2 for quick service but are you allowed to do this in table service (I know obviously it’s a no for character dining, dining shows/experiences etc)

Buck Wheelie

It used fairly common that people would share. When our kids were little we did it often. I can't say for sure but I assume you still can. The biggest problem I see is you don't always get as much food as you used to. A lot of people have notice serving size has decreased.

Archie123

I often see about how big portions are, I know you can order one meal between 2 for quick service but are you allowed to do this in table service (I know obviously it’s a no for character dining, dining shows/experiences etc)

Yes you can. My wife and I usually share an appetizer and an entrée.

Bonbondisney

Original Poster
Thanks, I was just curious. Interesting you say the portion sizes have decreased, I know America was famous for its giant portions!

JIMINYCR

Share a plate? Sure if you know the serving will be too much for one person and you dont want to waste food. Disney has allowed it. Lots of restaurants outside of Disney either frown upon it or charge an extra plate fee. If thats the way you are going, just be sure to tip your server enough. Some people look to tip minimal in these circumstances and it isnt fair to the staff that are still serving/ waiting on a table for two.

Hockey89

Share a plate? Sure if you know the serving will be too much for one person and you dont want to waste food. Disney has allowed it. Lots of restaurants outside of Disney either frown upon it or charge an extra plate fee. If thats the way you are going, just be sure to tip your server enough. Some people look to tip minimal in these circumstances and it isnt fair to the staff that are still serving/ waiting on a table for two.
Nothing about this situation is fair for the waitstaff.

RememberWhen

I think it’s ok to order a couple salads or appetizers and share an entree. Just let your server know that’s what you’d like to do and tip as though you ordered something for each of you. Disney has usually been fine with this.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Bill Hader Reaction GIF

Dave B

The waitstaff will love it.
Luck of the draw, sometimes you get a two top, sometimes you get a 10 top, that's the risk in being a waiter/waitress, as long as their attitude doesn't change and they provide great service, then they should get a great tip

JIMINYCR

Because it affects the tip if you go in an tie up a table to share a meal. Disney won’t say anything to those that do but if You try that in some higher end restaurants outside of Disney you’ll have some problems
Which was why I said be sure to tip your server enough. As I said also, some restaurants dont allow plate sharing. They lose out on the cost of meals and the servers lose out on what they are due for their work.
But if you tip as if you had two full meals, then no prob, right?
Yes... no problem if the diners give the server what they are due for their time and service. Nothing worse than walking away from the table thinking you only should tip for one meal, unless you stiff the server totally.

Hcalvert

My husband and I get our own entrees at Beaches & Cream and share a sundae together. No problems there. I agree with what others are saying. The portion sizes are a lot smaller and more difficult to share at most places.

Archie123

Sorry but worrying about how much food to buy in order to make sure a waiter is happy is just silly, Order what best fits you and your companion needs and then tip accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom