Uber/Lyft to Epcot or nearby hotel?

Knightro407

Original Poster
Good Morning. We will be visiting Epcot this week and staying at an offsite hotel. Our plan was to Uber/Lyft to and from Epcot, but I read some different blogs from last year stating that trying to do that prior to the park opening could result in a long wait time. The suggestion was to get a ride to a hotel and then walk to Epcot. I was not able to find any recent articles though.

Is that still the best option? Which hotels can we be dropped off at to walk to Epcot? I did read that you may be denied at some resorts if you don't have a dining reservation.

Also, we purchased our tickets online. If we go the route above, will there be a full service ticket counter/kiosk to do whatever is needed to get our tickets?

UNCgolf

Good Morning. We will be visiting Epcot this week and staying at an offsite hotel. Our plan was to Uber/Lyft to and from Epcot, but I read some different blogs from last year stating that trying to do that prior to the park opening could result in a long wait time. The suggestion was to get a ride to a hotel and then walk to Epcot. I was not able to find any recent articles though.

Is that still the best option? Which hotels can we be dropped off at to walk to Epcot? I did read that you may be denied at some resorts if you don't have a dining reservation.

Also, we purchased our tickets online. If we go the route above, will there be a full service ticket counter/kiosk to do whatever is needed to get our tickets?

The Boardwalk Inn is where you'd want to be dropped off to walk to EPCOT. I have no idea if they'd let you in to be dropped off there, though -- the hotel is closed right now other than DVC Villas.

There's a ticket center at Disney Springs, but I think you should be able to do anything you need at the entrance of each park -- someone else can verify that though.

I also don't think there will be that much traffic going to EPCOT in the morning (at least compared to the other parks), but I don't know that for sure. I guess you could potentially have a long wait for an Uber/Lyft itself, but that wait would exist regardless of your final destination.

Knightro407

Original Poster
The wait was more in reference to the toll booths being backed up due to the lots not being opened and/or temperature checks not being open yet. Thus excess time waiting in the uber/Lyft to be dropped off

UNCgolf

The wait was more in reference to the toll booths being backed up due to the lots not being opened and/or temperature checks not being open yet. Thus excess time waiting in the uber/Lyft to be dropped off

That's what I was referencing with the first part of that paragraph. My guess is that's less of an issue at EPCOT than the other parks because it's just not as busy, but I don't know for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom