wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Festival of the Lion King to return to Disney's Animal Kingdom​

Festival-of-the-Lion-King_Full_38798.jpg

Last edited:

havoc315

Yes, it's good to bring back entertainment.. BUT...

Not until SUMMER... with DISTANCING?

If it was coming back right now, it would definitely need adjustments for social distancing. But by summer, we should be significantly vaccinated even if short of herd immunity. (Almost worst case scenario, we should be looking at half of adults vaccinated).
Possibly by summer, certainly by fall, we should reach herd immunity..

So what's the point of re-doing the show with distancing if it's waiting till at least summer?!?! Either bring it back sooner with distancing, or just wait a little longer and come back full.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

If it was coming back right now, it would definitely need adjustments for social distancing. But by summer, we should be significantly vaccinated even if short of herd immunity. (Almost worst case scenario, we should be looking at half of adults vaccinated).

So what's the point of re-doing the show with distancing if it's waiting till at least summer?!?! Either bring it back sooner with distancing, or just wait a little longer and come back full.
I think we are going to be seeing distancing for a long time at WDW - at least through the end of the 2021.

havoc315

I think we are going to be seeing distancing for a long time at WDW - at least through the end of the 2021.

Maybe. But I'm not so sure. Unless we really fall behind with vaccinations, I suspect they would want normal capacity for the 50th anniversary in October. And it's hard to be at normal capacity with distancing. And will they do socially distanced fireworks, or not have any fireworks for the 50th annierversary?

... As insurance, they could keep MASKS in place, while relaxing social distancing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe. But I'm not so sure. Unless we really fall behind with vaccinations, I suspect they would want normal capacity for the 50th anniversary in October. And it's hard to be at normal capacity with distancing. And will they do socially distanced fireworks, or not have any fireworks for the 50th annierversary?

... As insurance, they could keep MASKS in place, while relaxing social distancing.
They want a lot of things, but it doesn't mean it will happen. Remember that although adult vaccination should be in much better shape by the summer, kids still wont be vaccinated. We'll see.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

It's not about what they want for the 50th "annierversary." It's about what's socially acceptable as a result of the pandemic, when many folks can't go to the theme parks. Especially if we're not all vaccinated by then, which is highly unlikely with the number of kids who visit WDW.

JohnD

I would prefer to see it come back modified. Better to have a show with fewer seats than no show at all. In addition, the parks still need "people eaters" to spread out crowds, even if socially distanced.

JohnD

It's not about what they want for the 50th "annierversary." It's about what's socially acceptable as a result of the pandemic, when many folks can't go to the theme parks. Especially if we're not all vaccinated by then, which is highly unlikely with the number of kids who visit WDW.

I agree. I seriously doubt we'll see "normal capacity" for the 50th. At least there will be 50th anniversary with limited capacity. DL didn't get to celebrate its 65th at all last year.

sullyinMT

Why not plan for worst case scenario? Plus, let’s be honest, they’ll need to call back for rehearsals well before “summer,” so all of that will be under current considerations.

Some jobs now within the troupe are better for those involved than continuing to wait. Also, the longer they hold out, the talent will necessarily look elsewhere.

Harambe theater is also indoors, which is likely to be among the last things to return to “normal.” They must plan for seating in that circumstance. If, come late July or whatever, we’re in a place that they can fit another 10% in than currently planned, great for us all.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think we need to remember that the public are just not going to be OK with being shoulder to shoulder like they were before. Even when we have much more vaccination for both adults and kids, I think people are going to look at crowded spaces in a different way. It was COVID this time, but what about the next time? Like 9-11 did for security, I think COVID will change crowd behavior for a long time.

Clamman73

I went to a Flights of Wonder show in the fall with the distanced seating, but I’m trying to figure it out in my head what it looked like compared to max seating....half maybe?? A little less than half?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom