News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

ToTBellHop

They’ve already said it’s called “Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King”
I heard a rumor that the new WDW entrance signs will soon say, “A Taste of Walt Disney World: The Most Openest Disney Resort in America”.

On exiting, “See yer money real soon!”

A mile later: “No really! We need it!”

2 miles further: “Like really.”

10 miles away: “Really really.”

At entrance to MCO: “Please.”

Tori

Because seating will be limited, there will be demand to see the show and things like this have been discussed.

I highly doubt they’ll want guests waiting in the queue for a show they may or may not get in till the next showtime.
At Frozen Sing Along they count the guests coming into the show. The CMs know how many seats are available and stop letting guests in the queue when they get close to that number.

Probably similar experience at FOLK.

ToTBellHop

The have five months to install 500 plexiglass booths!
Actually, the savings from cutting DME and MagicBands is allowing Disney to unveil the MagicBox for every guest ages 3 and up starting in May. Here is some early Play Testing.

1611580381215.jpeg

This is the reason TRON can’t open until after the pandemic.

dizfam131

This is my thought also, some people will choose to wear masks well into the future but I think the parks will be more or less back to normal by 2022.

Although I don’t see much chance for ”normal” this summer I wouldn’t be surprised to see more shows, possibly even some fireworks by then. If we hit our goal of 100 million vaccinations in the next 100 days we should have over 1/3 of the population vaccinated by June and hopefully reach herd immunity levels by September.
Yeah. I agree 100%. I believe in glass 1/2 full and I see a better summer and fabulous fall.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Show is gearing up for rehearsals.
Temper all expectations.
Be prepared for changes.
Hakuna Matata? 🤷‍♂️

Masks aren't going away anytime soon. Harmonious needs a new script. Serious.
We already knew that this would be FotLK Lite.

What happened to "no more characters at meals"?

What happened to Mando M&G?

What happened to charging for a M&G?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom