News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

MrPromey

1). I consider the queue line for an attraction like FOP part of the show, though. 2). Folks can choose to do the normal get-around by rope dropping or going on the attraction at park closing. 3). It's all about time management.

And again, none of this is relevant, still. FOR THE RECORD: I'd prefer to go to a Broadway show at this point than Disney World. I think the money is better spent on a Broadway show. However... When it comes to reliability and getting more out of your buck for one entertainment offering being cancelled (in broadway's case, your entire ticket to the event), then Disney makes more sense.

So you have a strategy to get on one ride.*

It's still a 5 minute ride. If you're able to cut the wait down to say 25 minutes, that's still waiting 5x as long in the line as actually riding. (older things were a mix of shorter and longer ride times but anything in the last 20+ years has been short)

Once you're done with that 5 minute ride it's... on to the next line, right?

I think my point still stands: At Disney, if you manage to hit a park open for 12 hours, most guests will spend the vast majority of their day in one line or another.

I'd say parts of queue lines are entertaining like the very front of FOP before they split you up into groups but in my experience, that's also the area you end up not spending much time in due to the way they load - we've always actually gotten rushed through that part unless we wanted to stand around and intentionally let people pass.

Again, as you said though, moot since we're comparing apples to can openers. For the record, while I agree with you on which I'd prefer at this point, I'm pretty sure my 9 year old son would say Disney so maybe it's more like comparing apples to mars.

*keeping in mind that rope drop is now only an option if you're a resort guest thanks to the 30 minute head start they get in every park, every day.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
*keeping in mind that rope drop is now only an option if you're a resort guest thanks to the 30 minute head start they get in every park, every day.
Disagreed. My wife and I rope dropped after resort guests at Magic Kingdom during the marathon weekend, which was PACKED for the rest of the day... This is what we managed to do in the day.. (I always make myself a facebook post of what we've done so I'll copy and paste it)

Our day at Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Lunch at Crystal Palace
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
It’s a Small World
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Carousel of Progress
TTA PeopleMover
Dinner at Pecos Bill
Fireworks
Journey of The Little Mermaid
The Barnstormer
Space Mountain
The Haunted Mansion
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Junle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, and Thunder were all walk ons... Then at the end of the day close to park closing... Space and Haunted Mansion were walk-ons as well. (And pooh for what that's worth) Everything in between were walk ons, too... Since they're lower tier attractions. So there ya go :)

MrPromey

Disagreed. My wife and I rope dropped after resort guests at Magic Kingdom during the marathon weekend, which was PACKED for the rest of the day... This is what we managed to do in the day.. (I always make myself a facebook post of what we've done so I'll copy and paste it)

Our day at Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Liberty Square Riverboat
Tom Sawyer Island
Lunch at Crystal Palace
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
It’s a Small World
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Carousel of Progress
TTA PeopleMover
Dinner at Pecos Bill
Fireworks
Journey of The Little Mermaid
The Barnstormer
Space Mountain
The Haunted Mansion
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Junle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, and Thunder were all walk ons... Then at the end of the day close to park closing... Space and Haunted Mansion were walk-ons as well. (And pooh for what that's worth) Everything in between were walk ons, too... Since they're lower tier attractions. So there ya go :)
Looks like you had a good day done right with a proper mix of things.

Do you consider this the typical experience for most guests?

Disone

I wonder if that means the other numbers in the show will return to their traditional staging, and the show can drop the “Celebration” from the title and go back to its previous iteration.
Preach!!!! ^^^^^^ this! Go Nick Go!!!!

I would like the second that emotion! Can we drop the celebration of and just have the original.....

Festival of the Lion King!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

nicb88

'Festival of the Lion King' will return to Disney's Animal Kingdom in July following a 10-day closure to update the show​

Rather disappointed to hear of such a long closure as it pretty much covers my entire trip and with the problem changing park/dining reservations it’s really tough to reorganise to include it 😅

Bastet

Oh well, I can give this a miss in June. Tumble monkeys are the best part of the show for me. I was hoping they would be back for my trip.😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom