News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

LittleBuford

Still no response to my email, but I'll share it once it arrives.
Their reply came today:

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us and bringing this error to our attention. While I will not be able to provide any updates, I want to assure you that I have forwarded your email and included image to the appropriate Leadership teams at Epcot so that they can review and taken the necessary action.​

About what I was expecting.

If I played any role at all in getting the error corrected, I suspect it was by contacting Zach on Instagram or perhaps by posting here (assuming anyone from Disney actually reads these threads). It’s also not unlikely that multiple other people, including some who work for Disney, spotted and reported the issue around the same time I did.

I’m still going to chase them up on the new issues I noted, but I suspect those will be allowed to remain.

castlecake2.0

Their reply came today:
We truly appreciate the time you have taken to reach out to us and bringing this error to our attention. While I will not be able to provide any updates, I want to assure you that I have forwarded your email and included image to the appropriate Leadership teams at Epcot so that they can review and taken the necessary action.​

About what I was expecting.

If I played any role at all in getting the error corrected, I suspect it was by contacting Zach on Instagram or perhaps by posting here (assuming anyone from Disney actually reads these threads). It’s also not unlikely that multiple other people, including some who work for Disney, spotted and reported the issue around the same time I did.

I’m still going to chase them up on the new issues I noted, but I suspect those will be allowed to remain.
I know a lot of people feel that guest relations doesn’t actually forward these to people who take it seriously, but they do. So it could have been your message to Zach or it could have been your email, maybe a combination of both. But either way they do take these emails seriously (within reason) so I would continue to encourage people to contact guest relations when they see something that’s not right and/or something they love!

As for this in particular, I don’t think you’ll get them to repaint it a third time, but I’m glad you spoke up and that they (tried) to fix it. I’ll be there today if you want me to take a picture of it or any other parts of the pavilion.

Prototype82

Anyone think the new lanterns(seen in the courtyard) getting switched in could use more patina and detail? Missing the orangey/gold glass too(maybe they'll use gold bulps) - Wish I was there to take pics. Saw on one of the rival sites... I'm sure those textured metal lamps have been there since the pavilions opening but..these look way too...machine cut?

castlecake2.0

Anyone think the new lanterns(seen in the courtyard) getting switched in could use more patina and detail? Missing the orangey/gold glass too(maybe they'll use gold bulps) - Wish I was there to take pics. Saw on one of the rival sites... I'm sure those textured metal lamps have been there since the pavilions opening but..these look way too...machine cut?
I noticed that too but assumed it’s because the old ones were old and weathered

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait til the mists of the Harmonious fountains drench them in lake water. You'll get a nice patina out of that.

<no epcot>

Phicinfan

Wait til the mists of the Harmonious fountains drench them in lake water. You'll get a nice patina out of that.

<no epcot>
THIS - this is the true miss by EPCOT Planners - take the friendship boats, run them by the Harmonious fountains to recreate the Maid of the Mists type feel up in Niagara falls!!! WHOOOT - new attraction at EPCOT - You are welcome!

TikibirdLand

THIS - this is the true miss by EPCOT Planners - take the friendship boats, run them by the Harmonious fountains to recreate the Maid of the Mists type feel up in Niagara falls!!! WHOOOT - new attraction at EPCOT - You are welcome!
You got me thinking about desert parties and cupcakes in the mist. Suddenly, MacArthur Park is playing in my head. Thanks a lot!

Prototype82

Hopefully this refurbishment wraps up quickly and the shrub wall goes away because epcot is a mess today and people need more places to go
It looks like it's getting really close. I love where the "masonry" is going. I just wish they would put a food market in that medina to pull some traffic and life back there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom