News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

castlecake2.0

more updates. It’s actually quite curious how much love this pavilion is getting. Is this part of just a general spruce up for the 50th? Will other countries receive similar little pluses? Canada and UK could benefit from a quick clean up.

dreday3

more updates. It’s actually quite curious how much love this pavilion is getting. Is this part of just a general spruce up for the 50th? Will other countries receive similar little pluses? Canada and UK could benefit from a quick clean up.

I am really pleased with all this so far! :D

Last edited:

Bocabear

Sometimes you have to keep gilding the lily....when that is the only flower you have. There is relatively nothing to do in that pavilion with most of the shops and dining options shuttered.... So, nice they are adding graphics to seem more lively, but adding the dining back would be better...

dreday3

Sometimes you have to keep gilding the lily....when that is the only flower you have. There is relatively nothing to do in that pavilion with most of the shops and dining options shuttered.... So, nice they are adding graphics to seem more lively, but adding the dining back would be better...

Well we don't know they aren't doing that, right? So many restaurants are still closed throughout WDW due to covid or now staffing issues, I wouldn't jump to conclusion that dining isn't coming back.

And honestly for us part of the appeal of the pavilion was the beauty and peace it gave from the throngs at Epcot! :D

castlecake2.0

I feel the QSR will be back by the summer, the table service is a different story, it’s a beautiful venue though, with the right menu (I’m thinking similar to Sanaa) it could do really well

LittleBuford

Really, really disappointing and embarrassing: the Arabic on and above the spice cart is backwards and unconnected. The word written on the wall as ت ا ي ر ط ع should be عطریات. My Arabic isn't good enough to be certain of this, but even the meaning seems off: as far as I know, عطریات means "perfumes" rather than "spices".

To @marni1971 and our other insiders, is there a way of bringing this to the attention of someone who can do something about it? I'd write to Disney's usual customer service email, but I'm not sure how far I'll get that way.

castlecake2.0

Really, really disappointing and embarrassing: the Arabic on and above the spice cart is backwards and unconnected. The word written on the wall as ت ا ي ر ط ع should be عطریات. My Arabic isn't good enough to be certain of this, but even the meaning seems off: as far as I know, عطریات means "perfumes" rather than "spices".

To @marni1971 and our other insiders, is there a way of bringing this to the attention of someone who can do something about it? I'd write to Disney's usual customer service email, but I'm not sure how far I'll get that way.
It may depend what person gets the email, but I’ve emailed about some very random things that have been addressed. Most recently I emailed about missing light fixtures in Canada and it was addressed a week or 2 later. It’s worth a shot!

LittleBuford

It may depend what person gets the email, but I’ve emailed about some very random things that have been addressed. Most recently I emailed about missing light fixtures in Canada and it was addressed a week or 2 later. It’s worth a shot!
Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back.

I really can't believe they didn't think to show an actual Moroccan person before going ahead with this.

Last edited:

dreday3

Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back.

I really can't believe the fact that they didn't think to show an actual Moroccan person before going ahead with this.

That's a bummer. I'm sure they will fix it if brought to their attention and it's truly incorrect.

I would imagine someone did some research on how to spell it? I don't know...are there different dialects, like in Italian?

LittleBuford

That's a bummer. I'm sure they will fix it if brought to their attention and it's truly incorrect.

I would imagine someone did some research on how to spell it? I don't know...are there different dialects, like in Italian?
Yes, it's truly incorrect: it would appear to an Arabic speaker as BUP NWORC & ESOR would to you!

It does seem they got the word itself right, though: what I know as "perfume" in Standard Arabic is apparently used to mean "spice" in Morocco.

Sharon&Susan

Maybe they'll start handing out IJA style translation cards for the fake/bad Arabic as a "fix"...
1621543819972.png

nickys

Premium Member

Wow, that really is poor on Disney’s part. I hope they pay attention to your email.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's kiester-gate all over again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom