News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

JohnD

Meanwhile, Florida has this for its Capitol building. Very appropriate for what the Legislature gives Florida residents every year...

2618d003a78cf40b02383cd2064e0df3.jpg

Rob562

I wonder if they'll also alter the walls to the right of Marrakesh to hide the corner of the Ratatouille show building you can see from a couple angles.

-Rob

NiarrNDisney

Hopefully they are considering moving or just getting rid of Tangierine Cafes Coffee and Pastry counter and putting more seating in that space as TC is seriously lacking in that department.

castlecake2.0

I wonder if they'll also alter the walls to the right of Marrakesh to hide the corner of the Ratatouille show building you can see from a couple angles.

-Rob
I would doubt it very much.
I’ll have to dig through my photos, but they have planted some trees there to cover the corner of the rat show building, so it’s now no longer visible from inside Morocco. I’ll try to post the photo I took tomorrow.

gerarar

Premium Member

-Rob
I’ll have to dig through my photos, but they have planted some trees there to cover the corner of the rat show building, so it’s now no longer visible from inside Morocco. I’ll try to post the photo I took tomorrow.
I'll second that. When we were there in Feb you couldn't see it. Looking through photos now.
Bioreconstruct had some comparison photos back in February of said trees:
July 2018:

February 2021:

Rob562

Bioreconstruct had some comparison photos back in February of said trees:
July 2018:

February 2021:

Actually that wasn't where I was referring. I was talking about the courtyard outside the doors to Restaurant Marrakesh at the back of the pavilion. From some angles you could see the plain green Rat building right up over the pavilion wall. I saw it when I was there in December 2019, but didn't take a picture.

I'm hoping it ends up being like the Fantasyland expansion where there were a few feet of unthemed wall of Mermaid visible by the restrooms. Within a month or two they had added paint and architectural details to it to blend it into the other walls nearby.

Morocco wouldn't need much, but it would need some imagineer to care.

-Rob

gerarar

Premium Member
Actually that wasn't where I was referring. I was talking about the courtyard outside the doors to Restaurant Marrakesh at the back of the pavilion. From some angles you could see the plain green Rat building right up over the pavilion wall. I saw it when I was there in December 2019, but didn't take a picture.

I'm hoping it ends up being like the Fantasyland expansion where there were a few feet of unthemed wall of Mermaid visible by the restrooms. Within a month or two they had added paint and architectural details to it to blend it into the other walls nearby.

-Rob
Ah my bad. Should've read for context haha

castlecake2.0

-Rob
They’ve planted trees behind the wall so you can no longer see the corner of the show building.
2B7466F2-F683-485B-858D-1BE7E4EDC5CA.jpeg

Bocabear

So...they are doing nothing to add an attraction to Morocco or plus the pavilion, but they are actually going to remove an architectural feature that has been there since the pavilion opened 37 years ago because some people now think it looks phallic? OMG Who cares... Move a vending cart in front of it... or just follow Elsa's cue and let it go... Spend the money where it is needed... Finish the theming on the Ratatouille warehouse that is visible...that is more offensive to me than something someone says looks like a body part... I feel like we are in middle school....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom