News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

castlecake2.0

I believe it was one but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
I thought there used to be two shop at the top of the stairs in Canada when Epcot first opened and maybe through early 2000's
There was only one, in the hotel. Was the more upscale shop. The stone house building was designed to be a travel office and even had a sign on the building, but never ended up opening to the public, would be a good spot to put a gallery like other countries have. Right now the whole upper level is just used for storage, and the trading post never reopened after the Covid closure.

The Empress Lilly

Then perhaps they should instigate the phase two dinner show some of the space was left for?
They used the lake front to built the pavilion out...

A park, a pavilion, designed for infinite exploration, but visited by guests who refuse to venture off the main path. Pearls before swine. So we ended up with management just building food troughs along the main path.

The Empress Lilly

Calling it an "magical Aladdin Setting" was a bit much. It was some painted flats and props arranged around a soundstage and not everything was even Aladdin related. When something's just a "soundstage", anything is "authentic".
Somewhat the deceit of much of DHS, that 'Black Box' theme park.

Aladdin is interesting though, because the idea is that you are surrounded by Aladdin props on a soundstage where it was filmed, except that Aladdin is animated.

Not against it, just an observation. It is as much a fun leap of imagination as anything else.

The Empress Lilly

Hmmm...

Hey Disney, now that you 'own' Morocco... there should be no reason to keep the lakefront bar there.

Think of all the dessert parties you can put in its place!!
I would clear the unbuilt back half of the pavilion to just dirt and earth, then naughtily sell $199 upcharge 'Sahara desert parties'.

The Empress Lilly

Don’t. Another mistake in the name of profit.
If I weren't lazy I'd calculate the total available front row lakeside viewing space (with unobstructed sightlines) and compare, say, summer of 88 when all pavilions were open with the amount available for HarmUs during Food&Wine.

Robbiem

Somewhat the deceit of much of DHS, that 'Black Box' theme park.

Aladdin is interesting though, because the idea is that you are surrounded by Aladdin props on a soundstage where it was filmed, except that Aladdin is animated.

Not against it, just an observation. It is as much a fun leap of imagination as anything else.
I agree it was an odd design choice. When the park opened it was based on the bette Midler movie big business which made more sense. They should have done a south seas club rocketeer overlay that would have been epic!

The Empress Lilly

Epcot-Japan-2-3-24-1985-Chad-Erickson.jpg

Benches. Viewing space. No upcharge or private event space. No F&B booth.

Interesting design details that immerse you in a far flung country rather than in a Disney+ show.

Uncluttered horizon, only the gorgeous FW pavilions visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom