News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

EPCOT's Morocco Pavilion Wraps Up Refurbishments, But New Tilework Misses the Mark​

Morocco_Full_56963.jpg

Morocco_Full_56959.jpg

Morocco_Full_56960.jpg

Morocco_Full_56961.jpg

Morocco_Full_56962.jpg

More photos at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...orocco-pavilion-refurbishment---july-2024.htm

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Smiley/OCD

Don't mind the palm trees replacing the orange trees, but wow, missing the mark on the tile is an understatement. Not sure why they even need to replace it, but they certainly could have done a better job sourcing authentic tile from Morocco.
Leftover tile from the Cake Bake shop at Boardwalk…lots of buzzwords used at Disney in recent years, but OPTICS is not one of them…

aladdin2007

voice opinions to GR, however unfortunately a lot of the time now you get a college intern writing back who knows nothing and they probably just discard it. But good to do anyway.

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

Supposed theme park "fans" actually defend Disney. That to me is the saddest part of this tragic downfall of this once respected brand.

I get why a company wants to save pennies and treat their guests like idiot rubes. I just do not understand the rubes cheering them on and defending them.

Epcot82Guy

Supposed theme park "fans" actually defend Disney. That to me is the saddest part of this tragic downfall of this once respected brand.

I get why a company wants to save pennies and treat their guests like idiot rubes. I just do not understand the rubes cheering them on and defending them.

Look up the psychological concept of "identification".

To be fair, it's also the reason why many of us who dislike the trends of the parks get so upset (and sometimes vilifying), since the company is disregarding what we understood to be their guiding principles.

(And I realize your statement may have been rhetorical. Just floating the idea generally.)

LittleBuford

So from someone that understands the culture of Morocco, what are suggestions that would make the pavilion more engaging than what we see today?
I think the pavilion was perfectly lovely and engaging in its pre-COVID state when the restaurant and souk were running and before they ruined the tilework. Not every pavilion needs a ride to be entertaining.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

It's absolutely wild to me that somebody who is quite literally part of the culture in question is telling you that you are disrespecting it, and you have the entitled audacity to basically them that they're wrong?

Oh, and @Disstevefan1, as has been pointed out to you multiple times across several threads, posting sarcastic laugh reactions to posts is against the forum rules. It's also childish and rude.
Thanks for your thoughtful post.

It appears that my previous posts got deleted, but for the record and thanks to you, I will stop using the laugh reactions as I see it triggers folks. Its great of you to do some policing on the boards.

For anyone reading this, feel free to use the laugh reactions to any or all of my posts, its ok with ME, any reaction is OK with me! I like to read when someone disagrees with me as I actually read the posts and and try to understand the other persons opinion.

And to stay on topic, I do not like what Disney is doing with the Morocco pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom