Kevin Rafferty out in April 2021

djkidkaz

I think what these veteran imagineer retirements actually signal for us is that the company is not expecting to invest in large projects in the next few years. Who else is left at this point? Just Tom Fitzgerald, but he is in the middle of the Epcot project so I would expect him to stick around until at least that project is complete.

BrianLo

I think what these veteran imagineer retirements actually signal for us is that the company is not expecting to invest in large projects in the next few years. Who else is left at this point? Just Tom Fitzgerald, but he is in the middle of the Epcot project so I would expect him to stick around until at least that project is complete.

Not beloved, but Kim Irvine and Steve Davison are at least two more kicking around.

Scott Trowbridge and Scot Drake are more medium length employees that are fairly well known portfolio managers.

Bob Weis, I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone before this was said and done though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is EXACTLY what’s going down

Giss Neric

Pretty amazing resume. He basically gave the parks legit thrill rides which is lacking in general in my opinion.
EroZbk6XMAEsMgs.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

I think, after 42 and 30 years respectively, they've earned the right to retire, don't you?
Nobody is upset with anyone for choosing to retire.

That’s two park vp’s, and two high level imagineers since August. That’s in addition the large number of layoffs in the parks and Imagineering.

It’s even more telling that he and Joe are retiring together.

Lilofan

Nobody is upset with anyone for choosing to retire.

That’s two park vp’s, and two high level imagineers since August. That’s in addition the large number of layoffs in the parks and Imagineering.

It’s even more telling that he and Joe are retiring together.
Also Michael Colglazier who went to be CEO of a company that takes guests into space Virgin Galactic and Phillipe Gas who went to be CEO of the billion dollar venture sports, entertainment , leisure lands in Saudi Arabia financed by Prince bin-Salam. Not retiring but moving on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom