News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn't 3 feet essentially no social distancing under normal circumstances?
No. The Disneyland Paris rule was a 1 metre gap in lines:

13F2D77F-D307-48D0-B172-7B7B83FA8E25.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Really! The demand is there, that is not the question.
I agree to an extent. I think there’s a ton of pent up demand from people that just want to get out and enjoy life again. That is partially offset by the international visitors not allowed in yet and the people who lost their job or loss a portion of income and can’t afford WDW right now. There are also some people who won’t go while masks are required. It’s a mixed bag.

havoc315

Indoor and outdoor? Does that mean restaurants can space tables 3 feet apart? That would most likely allow for near 100% capacity at most restaurants.

Most restaurants around most of the country are getting back to 100%..
Even “closed” NY is going to 75% soon.

Not sure how wise it is... but limitations on restaurants won’t last more than a couple more months.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Most restaurants around most of the country are getting back to 100%..
Even “closed” NY is going to 75% soon.

Not sure how wise it is... but limitations on restaurants won’t last more than a couple more months.
But are they no longer doing distancing or are they allowed to ramp up capacity as long as the tables are spaced 6 feet apart still? It seems silly to me that someone can sit in a restaurant with no mask and no distancing with strangers all around them for as long as it takes to eat a meal (>15 mins in most cases) but you can’t ride a <5 minute ride within 6 feet of another person when both people are wearing masks. If there’s no more distancing at restaurants then I’d assume within a short period of time we will see all ride vehicle distancing gone and possibly some or all of the queue distancing as well.

More importantly to the topic that means there should be no issue with a line forming for a ”rope drop“ situation related to early morning theme park hours. That could start any time then.

ToTBellHop

But are they no longer doing distancing or are they allowed to ramp up capacity as long as the tables are spaced 6 feet apart still? It seems silly to me that someone can sit in a restaurant with no mask and no distancing with strangers all around them for as long as it takes to eat a meal (>15 mins in most cases) but you can’t ride a <5 minute ride within 6 feet of another person when both people are wearing masks. If there’s no more distancing at restaurants then I’d assume within a short period of time we will see all ride vehicle distancing gone and possibly some or all of the queue distancing as well.

More importantly to the topic that means there should be no issue with a line forming for a ”rope drop“ situation related to early morning theme park hours. That could start any time then.
6 feet or plexiglass.

havoc315

I don’t know all the specifics. I believe Connecticut is still going to require 6 feet spacing between tables OR plexiglass shields between tables.
You’d think plexiglass shields would be a option for any restaurant with booths.

Next to bars, restaurants are probably among the highest risk. But they have suffered so much as an industry, there is a lot of pressure for them to normalize.

ToTBellHop

The CDC will soon announce 3 feet of social distancing is enough. This has already been communicated to Departments of Public Health to inform decisions on reopening schools.
And, like clockwork, Fauci announced that he‘s now aware that 3 feet is as good as 6 feet and is in daily talks with the CDC director.

Here is the study they’ll use: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab230/6167856

It was completed in Massachusetts so we know we can trust it.

dreday3

ToTBellHop

I'm just confused if they are going to announce 3ft for schools only, or 3ft for all!
Do you really think they can say, “3 feet is safe for your children but not you”? That doesn’t make any damn sense. Kids and teachers/staff can be 3 feet apart for 7 hours inside a building but must be 6 feet apart at the beach?

They will use this in their continuing battle with teachers unions to get schools open (the current goal) before they can guarantee all teachers are vaccinated, but rules for schools can’t only apply to schools unless the CDC wants to be viewed as politically-motivated rather than science-based.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom