News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

nickys

Premium Member
This is looking likely.
Going forward, absolutely. But the poster they replied to was suggesting it had never happened since 2015, which is untrue. They always extended hours beyond published hours over Christmas and other major holidays. 7am EMH at MK every day for the Christmas week, for example l

Are more special ticketed events more likely? E.g., Mickey's magical Christmas and summer spectacular evenings? If there's one for SWGE, my husband will just fork over all the money now
I fully expect up-charge special events happening all the time.

Want an extra 4 hours in the park? Here’s Mickey’s fun-time during winter months, Minnie’s spring fling for March/April, Pluto’s frolicking party during early summer and Donald’s cool summertime beach party up until the Halloween parties starting July 30th. 😉

aliceismad

Not gonna lie, I will pay ALL the money to be in AK at night with minimal guests.

Yes, I am part of the problem. :D
We seriously considered the early/after hours events when we went in 2019, but with a 5 year old we weren't sure about getting up earlier or pushing that late at night. After the fact, hubby said he wished we had. To him the extra cost would be worth it to try it out.

But I completely get how frustrating those events are for people who go to WDW a lot and how they feel it's a cash grab and diminishing for the overall customer base.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Going forward, absolutely. But the poster they replied to was suggesting it had never happened since 2015, which is untrue. They always extended hours beyond published hours over Christmas and other major holidays. 7am EMH at MK every day for the Christmas week, for example l

That poster was perhaps misunderstood...

I bet that poster was talking about de-emphasizing emh...not making a stance that hours where never adjusted...which of course is an unreasonable stance that the poster wouldn’t take. Not logical.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...i’m Gonna go ahead and add that to your case file 👨🏻‍⚕️
And that was just the record. Other DAK after hours it was 7 or 8 times in a row.

Now, the benefit of that is that when we go to DAK during regular hours, we don't do FoP. No two hour long lines for one ride. No trying to scramble for a FP+. We had our fill, and we enjoy the rest of the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And that was just the record. Other DAK after hours it was 7 or 8 times in a row.

Now, the benefit of that is that when we go to DAK during regular hours, we don't do FoP. No two hour long lines for one ride. No trying to scramble for a FP+. We had our fill, and we enjoy the rest of the park.

I’m just sayin...that might scramble your eggs a little 🍳

Reminds me of when we drove to GA in college and did 116 inversions...minor brain bleeds were inevitable.

MrPromey

I absolutely love Disney, but I wouldn't be willing to pay anything above the price of admission for Fastpass+. If I split MK into two days and rope drop I can comfortably get every ride in along with multiple rides on things like Pirates and HM. I know a lot of people would normally of paid but we are in a COVID world now. The coming Dark Winter promised by the Biden administration is going to crush the economy. I'm not sure how many people will be able to afford extras in the near future.
And honestly, paying into their not even veiled money-grab schemes only encourages them to push these efforts further.

Between the subject of this thread and the end of MDE, I'm seeing an unusually high level of push-back online in places that don't normally show it, though. It might be that there's finally a tide of people who've had enough.

One can hope, anyway.

WDWLOVER1957

I have small children and have been going to Disney with them since some of them were infants. Never once we have we been there at rope drop. You couldn't pay me enough to get up that early on vacation. Many times we have been there with them for evening extra magic hours. This new "perk" is worthless for us.
You can bet now every night there will be paid for after hours party's Disney gets greedier every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom