News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Can those not eligible to go on attractions during evening EMH still just hang out in the parks? This used to be the case pre-pandemic.
They’re not actively kicking people out, but like where at Epcot, during festivals the booths would stay open for EMH, now they’re closing. Actually there’s very little to eat period. There’s not a ton to do except browse stores and admire the blue boxes behind Guardians and Tron

correcaminos

Why all 4 parks? If you're staying off property, you can be the first in and have 40 minute waits plus. Genie+ has kept the lines long right up to closing. It used to be 1 or 2 parks but not all 4. It kind of forces people to use Genie+ and Lightning Lane. I'll never do it. Why does giving perks to some always mean taking from others. They could come up with something original.
Because it is nicer for onsite guests to have it daily instead of looking at calendars. Only thing they're doing wrong IMO is making it 30 mins only. But they did this back in the 90s at least and it is a nice perk of staying onsite.

Can those not eligible to go on attractions during evening EMH still just hang out in the parks? This used to be the case pre-pandemic.
Not kicking people out but not a whole lot to do otherwise. They close a lot of dining during night EMH

kalel8145

Because it is nicer for onsite guests to have it daily instead of looking at calendars. Only thing they're doing wrong IMO is making it 30 mins only. But they did this back in the 90s at least and it is a nice perk of staying onsite.

Not kicking people out but not a whole lot to do otherwise. They close a lot of things (not rides) during night EMh
Whatever extra time I can get in the parks I'll take. Especially mornings. I'm not a late person.

correcaminos

Whatever extra time I can get in the parks I'll take. Especially mornings. I'm not a late person.
I'll take it too. 30 mins just isn't long. I remember when it was an hour (and they did extend during a busy time)and got more in. I love this perk though nighttime is way better. Even not being a night person you can do a ton of Epcot in a short time. Walked on 2 rides before we left (before 10pm) at Epcot.

Heelz2315

Not sure if this has been covered or not but when we went in April, we had "early access" so we chose to head to the MK. We wanted to check out Pirates, but found out that the only part of the park that was open was Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. That was it. We were under the impression the entire park was open. It was frustrating to say the least.

DisneyDreamer08

Not sure if this has been covered or not but when we went in April, we had "early access" so we chose to head to the MK. We wanted to check out Pirates, but found out that the only part of the park that was open was Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. That was it. We were under the impression the entire park was open. It was frustrating to say the least.
Yes this has been the case since it began. I did early entry at MK twice on my last trip. First time, I rope dropped Space then walked onto Small World. Second time, I rope dropped Space and then lined up on the Adventureland bridge for Jungle Cruise when it opened. I waited 25 minutes for that.

Touchdown

Always been the case for forever for morning EMH at both MK and DL, it’s always only been Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Touchdown

Didn't know that. Is that true of the other parks at WDW? If so, what parts of them are open?
The Safari is not part of EMH at AK, I doubt ittbab or Triceratops Spin are either. DHS is pretty much everything (maybe not Muppets or Star Tours) and I haven’t been to Epcot in the morning recently.

UK Disney

We did extended evening hours
Monday gone @ Epoc and it was a complete waste of time, test track was still 50 mins (not inflated) perhaps we got our strategy wrong, only Soarin seemed reasonable, luckily we had already done the rides during the day and we just ended up walking about looking in the shops. We also did extended hours @ Magic on Tuesday which was much better, walked onto most rides but think the rain may have scared folk off and it was until 1am. Magic was worth it just for the photo's you could take of an almost empty park. Not sure Epcot is the best park for extended hours. Also does anyone know if the select other hotels have previously been included in extended hours? I've just not noticed on the wording until now.

Touchdown

my method for Epcot has always been Soarin, SRL Test Track, Frozen. Rat is too far away from everything else. I suspect my new plan with Guardians will be Test Track SRL, Frozen, Guardians.

curry767

We did extended evening hours
Monday gone @ Epoc and it was a complete waste of time, test track was still 50 mins (not inflated) perhaps we got our strategy wrong, only Soarin seemed reasonable, luckily we had already done the rides during the day and we just ended up walking about looking in the shops.

Did you watch Harmonious or did you hit the queues whilst the show was on?

doctornick

Soarin’ has it lines be pretty modest during regular hours at night; if you are going to the park prior to the extra hours might make sense to hit it prior to Harmonious.

It does seem like FAE/TT/CR +/- SSE in some order would be the most efficient use of the evening extra hours just due to geographic grouping. It’s great that they added Rat to the park because that area needed it but it’s far from everything else. Would be nice if they added a high quality ride to a nearby pavilion (Mt Fuji coaster in Japan, I’m looking at you) to spread out crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom