News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

doctornick

I don't think the Early Entry times will be permanent, but I do wonder if they will reconsider Genie+ and keep those ride changes. While they'd make less money from ILL, it would significantly improve the value and ability to use Genie+. And DLR only has 1 ILL at DL so it's not like it's unprecedented to have only one in each park.

ToTBellHop

It would be nice if they extend that indefinitely beyond January 3. I won't hold my breath, though.
1639763682154.gif

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Yeah, it's at the point where even if you don't want to spend the money to stay at a deluxe for an entire trip, it might be worth staying there for a couple of nights just to take advantage of the EEH then switch over to a cheaper hotel.
This past Wednesday we did 12 rides between 8 and midnight, and likely could have done 15 if we could walk faster. I hope it sticks around for a while or at least add another park in for rotation, like the studios.

UNCgolf

This past Wednesday we did 12 rides between 8 and midnight, and likely could have done 15 if we could walk faster. I hope it sticks around for a while or at least add another park in for rotation, like the studios.

I know someone who is going in a couple of months -- they were originally going to go for 6 or 7 days and stay at a moderate, but instead changed their trip to 4 days staying at a deluxe to take advantage of the EEH. They decided they could probably do everything they really want to do that way while spending roughly the same amount of money.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad for Disney. Of course they want people staying in the deluxes, but I don't know if they want people shortening their trips.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I know someone who is going in a couple of months -- they were originally going to go for 6 or 7 days and stay at a moderate, but instead changed their trip to 4 days staying at a deluxe to take advantage of the EEH. They decided they could probably do everything they really want to do that way while spending roughly the same amount of money.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad for Disney. Of course they want people staying in the deluxes, but I don't know if they want people shortening their trips.
Considering that the 2 hours one night per week in one park is one of the rare benefits currently offered, I'm not going to overthink the intent of why it is. There were less people there than DVC MM nights or the Passholder AH offerings from a few years ago. Aside from the brief time after reopening it's been a long time since I felt we had the "run of the park"

Incomudro

It would be nice if they extend that indefinitely beyond January 3. I won't hold my breath, though.
I would love that!
We're finally going back to WDW after about a 5 year absence, nearly two years of which was due to covid lockdowns cancelling our previously booked trip.
Staying at the Swan, and a early hour in (especially to GE) would be awaesome!

DisneyDreamer08

How has early entry been going lately? I will be there in a few weeks and I want to make sure I use it to the best of my ability. I was just reading a post about todays early entry at DHS. Despite an 8:30am early entry opening, guests were let in at 7:30 and on their first ride by 8. Is this normal for all parks? Do I have to show up extra early to beat the early entry crowds?

nickys

Premium Member
How has early entry been going lately? I will be there in a few weeks and I want to make sure I use it to the best of my ability. I was just reading a post about todays early entry at DHS. Despite an 8:30am early entry opening, guests were let in at 7:30 and on their first ride by 8. Is this normal for all parks? Do I have to show up extra early to beat the early entry crowds?
You do want to get there early since the gates do open earlier and onsite guests are then allowed to line up at specific points in the park. And in some cases they will be led to a specific ride early too. However all reports I have seen have all been consistent in that the rides only actually start running at the start of the early hours, ie: 30 minutes earlier than official park opening.

At some of the parks, offsite guests will also be allowed before official park opening in and be held within the park. If you arrive at the same time then you’ll have to manoeuvre through the crowds to have a CM scan your band to allow you to head for the rides.

AmishGuy91

You do want to get there early since the gates do open earlier and onsite guests are then allowed to line up at specific points in the park. And in some cases they will be led to a specific ride early too. However all reports I have seen have all been consistent in that the rides only actually start running at the start of the early hours, ie: 30 minutes earlier than official park opening.

Back in Nov, Rise of the Resistance opened at 8am, or even a little before. Seen several reports since stating the same, including this morning when they attempted to open at 8am but the ride was down.

ctrlaltdel

Disney's Hollywood Studios joins the Extended Evening Theme Park Hours schedule at Walt Disney World​

Would make a lot of sense to have it at each park one day a week Monday through Thursday. I think DAK ever getting it is a coin flip though.

mattpeto

Isn't that the same night as MK hours though?
Yeah I guess that's TBD on what happens there. If you plan on doing an AH event (Boo Bash, Very Merriest or paging - Villains After Hours - where are you?) the Deluxe Evening Hours at MK feels a little redundant.

MK and DHS have the best value by far for this event by far though.

dreday3

Yeah I guess that's TBD on what happens there. If you plan on doing an AH event (Boo Bash, Very Merriest or paging - Villains After Hours - where are you?) the Deluxe Evening Hours at MK feels a little redundant.

MK and DHS have the best value by far for this event by far though.

I'm hoping this means the deluxe evening hours will continue past the 50th. I think it's a great perk and we are heading back in 2023 and staying deluxe this time around, would love to take advantage!

Let's just get each park on one night a week (their own), perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom