News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Remy's has been added to the Extended Evening Hours list of participating attractions.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.14.45 AM.png

UNCgolf

This really is a great perk. You pretty much get DAH for free. I can buy my own premium bar.

Wish they’d add Friday at DHS.

Yeah, it's at the point where even if you don't want to spend the money to stay at a deluxe for an entire trip, it might be worth staying there for a couple of nights just to take advantage of the EEH then switch over to a cheaper hotel.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, it's at the point where even if you don't want to spend the money to stay at a deluxe for an entire trip, it might be worth staying there for a couple of nights just to take advantage of the EEH then switch over to a cheaper hotel.
It was kind of foolish to choose M/W since you could do both with a 2-night stay but, then again, Thursday through Sunday book more quickly so I guess I get it. But if you add Friday, people will be more likely to take the full week, I’d imagine.

pdude81

It was kind of foolish to choose M/W since you could do both with a 2-night stay but, then again, Thursday through Sunday book more quickly so I guess I get it. But if you add Friday, people will be more likely to take the full week, I’d imagine.
I'm guessing M-W has the most availability generally at the deluxe hotels

LittleMerman

In all reality, how much can you do with the 30 min early theme park entry and 2 hour extended evening hours? Feels like I wouldn't need Genie+ on the extended hour days. And with 30 min early park entry, might not need to buy the a la carte Lightning Lanes.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Awesome! Feel free to share which rides you did if you want! I'm very curious and would love to know =)
MGM: RotR and MF:SR (single rider): Park Open: 9:00; In Line: 8:23; Done: 10:00
MGM: MMRR and TSM: Park Open: 9:00; In Line: 8:23; Done: 10:10

EPCOT: Soarin' (would have done another, but our Rat BG was called)

AK: FoP and NRJ: Park Open: 8:00; In Line: 7:27; Done: 8:23

Note that we were not at MGM or EPCOT at rope drop, but were walking up shortly after they let folks in.

As frustrating as I found G+, Rope Drop with EMM (Extra Magic Minutes) was FANTASTIC!

DisnEdely

I wonder why they would do that? That can really mess up some people's park reservations if they don't have Park Hopper.
I thought the same and other then the holiday the only thing I can think of is that Feb 21st is the last day of the EPCOT Arts festival.

I'm happy with this switch because we have a split stay that week and are doing BLT then BCV, so this works out perfectly. Although I'm bummed the Arts festival is ending on the 21st. Usually Presidents day is the week earlier and we would get a full week of the festival.

RememberWhen

I thought the same and other then the holiday the only thing I can think of is that Feb 21st is the last day of the EPCOT Arts festival.

I'm happy with this switch because we have a split stay that week and are doing BLT then BCV, so this works out perfectly. Although I'm bummed the Arts festival is ending on the 21st. Usually Presidents day is the week earlier and we would get a full week of the festival.
February 21 is vacation week here in MA. Maybe other places have the same schedule?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to Scott, Early Entry for resort guests will begin 60 minutes before park opening from December 19th to January 3rd

Editing to add - this change has been reflected on the Early Entry page.

"As we continue to celebrate the holiday season, from Sunday, December 19, 2021 to Monday, January 3, 2022, the early theme park entry benefit will be extended from 30 minutes to 60 minutes for Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and select other hotels."

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

According to Scott, Early Entry for resort guests will begin 60 minutes before park opening from December 19th to January 3rd

"As we continue to celebrate the holiday season, from Sunday, December 19, 2021 to Monday, January 3, 2022, the early theme park entry benefit will be extended from 30 minutes to 60 minutes for Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and select other hotels."

I got an email from Disney confirming this!!!!!!

Chip Chipperson

It would be nice if they extend that indefinitely beyond January 3. I won't hold my breath, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom